Atmosphere
10%10%10%
Service
10%10%10%
Overall Experience
10%10%10%
Average 30%
Thai Memory ... A Memory I'd Rather Forget

This restuarant provided me with a terrible customer service expereince. When I visited the restaurant today, we were the only customers. At the time, there was construction going on and so there was some noise going on, but we didn't really care too much of it. The owner, however, went ape shit over it. Things went downhill as soon as we were seated. The owner started to yell at the other cooks and created a bad atmosphere. Then he went on the phone to yell at the construction company (who was fixing a broken pipe in the restaurant) and started screaming and swearing at them very loudly. The supervisor from the construction company came to the front and tried to clear things up but owner was extremely angry and said that he couldn't have noise during lunch hours because it bothers the customers (but he was much more rude about it). The owner then yelled at us to "I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR THIS!! EITHER ORDER OR GET OUT!!!!" So rude :(

The food was alright, but I've definitely had better, and reasonably priced but I have to say that the lack of customer service REALLY made it a bad experience over all. I've had lower quality food that tasted better because the service was decent.
Wouldn't visit again.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Thai Memory ... A Memory I'd Rather Forget!

Old 10-27-2010 at 10:54 PM   #2
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times
you should have just left right when he began to yell at you guys! i hate rude people!! especially when you're paying them and they're STILL rude. blahhhh!!!

hope you find somewhere with great food AND great service

Old 10-28-2010
sinthusized
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-17-2010 at 06:50 PM   #3
standforit

Liked: 0 Times
My memory remains
Hi
I don't know where/when/why you got those awful experience. But my memory with Thai Memory has been always good. I don't know why this attack?? Anybody else who has been to Thai Memory and what do you think?
Lucy

Old 12-18-2010 at 08:01 PM   #4
JoeIns

Very good experience
Hi
I also need to voice my support for Thai Memory. I always go there and every single time I leave with very satisfied feeling. On one occasion, it was a birthday for my girlfriend and I did not even let them know but to our surprise, at the end, the owner came with fried banana with one lit candle on it and the Happy Birthday music in the background. He also took our picture and had it sent to us via email. I have never known of any restaurant that will do something like this for you. When I read that he was very rude, I really think it is very uncharacteristic of the man. I don't really believe it but if it is true, he must have had a really really bad day. But what do you expect? He is only a human like me and you. But to judge his restaurant from that single experience I think is totally unfair. Just my 2 cents.
Joe

Old 12-18-2010 at 08:39 PM   #5
KCMarshall

Another support for Thai Memory
Count me in Joe for a support for Thai Memory. I have been there since they opened a few years ago. To tell you the truth, I'm surprised that they are still open after all the trials they've been through. Some of you who does not live in Hamilton probably does not know that a few years ago, the building next to this restaurant collapsed and they are forced to close by the City for several months. And the construction that is going on right now next to them is the result of that collapse. That one time collapse does affect their business and I have a friend who works with the City who told me that because of that collapse, it left their wall exposed. And every time we have heavy rain, the water goes right into their basement where their kitchen is. So can you imagine having to deal with that? It is not their fault at all. After all I know that this is not their building. They just rent it. And I believe that when the person who started this thread said that the construction crew were fixing their pipe, I think that was not quite accurate. They were fixing the wall that was exposed from the water leak. And I think he had every right to be angry with those construction crews but not to say that he should have vented his anger at the customers...(if that is true.) but I do understand where he came from and I also think that it is very uncharacteristic of him to be rude like that.
And that's why I still go there to show my support to Thai Memory.

Old 12-19-2010 at 10:07 PM   #6
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIns View Post
Hi
I also need to voice my support for Thai Memory. I always go there and every single time I leave with very satisfied feeling. On one occasion, it was a birthday for my girlfriend and I did not even let them know but to our surprise, at the end, the owner came with fried banana with one lit candle on it and the Happy Birthday music in the background. He also took our picture and had it sent to us via email. I have never known of any restaurant that will do something like this for you. When I read that he was very rude, I really think it is very uncharacteristic of the man. I don't really believe it but if it is true, he must have had a really really bad day. But what do you expect? He is only a human like me and you. But to judge his restaurant from that single experience I think is totally unfair. Just my 2 cents.
Joe
I don't think my judgement is unfair. I would never go back to a restaurant if the owner was extremely rude like that and I wanted to share my experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMarshall View Post
Count me in Joe for a support for Thai Memory. I have been there since they opened a few years ago. To tell you the truth, I'm surprised that they are still open after all the trials they've been through. Some of you who does not live in Hamilton probably does not know that a few years ago, the building next to this restaurant collapsed and they are forced to close by the City for several months. And the construction that is going on right now next to them is the result of that collapse. That one time collapse does affect their business and I have a friend who works with the City who told me that because of that collapse, it left their wall exposed. And every time we have heavy rain, the water goes right into their basement where their kitchen is. So can you imagine having to deal with that? It is not their fault at all. After all I know that this is not their building. They just rent it. And I believe that when the person who started this thread said that the construction crew were fixing their pipe, I think that was not quite accurate. They were fixing the wall that was exposed from the water leak. And I think he had every right to be angry with those construction crews but not to say that he should have vented his anger at the customers...(if that is true.) but I do understand where he came from and I also think that it is very uncharacteristic of him to be rude like that.
And that's why I still go there to show my support to Thai Memory.
Well that's nice to know but you still miss the point that the owner was a huge jerk to the customers and that was what ruined the experience. The rudeness was extremely uncalled for and he didn't have any right to yell at us like that. Even when we decided to stay, he didn't even apologize.

EDIT: I just noticed that the last three posters have 1 post count and all joined joined in the past two days. Hahaha I bet you are all the owner or someone close.

Last edited by sinthusized : 12-19-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Old 12-20-2010 at 12:39 PM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
You should post your review on restaurantica.com. It's a pretty popular restaurant review site, and there are LOTS of entries for Hamilton

Old 12-21-2010 at 06:54 PM   #8
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
You should post your review on restaurantica.com. It's a pretty popular restaurant review site, and there are LOTS of entries for Hamilton
hmm good idea! I love writing reviews

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search