MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Data zeChinaman General Discussion 14 04-12-2010 04:22 PM
Did You Know? Interesting Facts! EasternHeat General Discussion 241 09-03-2009 04:42 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM
Interesting World News Alvand General Discussion 16 04-15-2009 12:32 AM
Interesting Videos.... lorend General Discussion 7 03-15-2009 03:57 PM

Things you find Interesting

Old 10-21-2010 at 09:58 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Baking.
Protein ribbon diagrams!
Cooking.
Rowing, recently I started rowing like 3000m every few days whenever I get angsty. Just for fun.
Cyberpunk themes!
Math rock. Like 65 days of static.
Theoretical astrophysics!
Starcraft II
Left 4 Dead (1&2)
Bioshock (1&2)
Half Life Series
Mass Effect (1&2)
And much more...

Last edited by Kendoon : 10-22-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2010 at 12:35 AM   #17
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

You know what's great this is

Last edited by Marlowe : 10-22-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: fixing video

Entropy likes this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 12:28 PM   #18
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
On topic but a slightly different interpretation of your title: I find passionate people fascinating.
I could listen to them ramble on for hours, it's just exciting to see people be themselves, no holds barred.
I know we might be discussing something controversial or something I completely disagree with but having that sort of interaction with a person where their face lights up and they share something about themselves, or about who they are, is comparable to few other experiences for me.
Going off of this, I love talking to people about themselves. About who they are, where they're from, where they want to go, their weaknesses, their strengths, everything. I find it so amazing that we all live on this same planet, and yet can be so different and so the same. I love it! I especially love it when the person isn't trying to convince you of how great they are or how tough their life was, or anything like that. They're just sharing their lives with you. I've been lucky to have this experience a couple of times, and nothing compares to it.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 02:02 PM   #19
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

take a look at my life the last couple of days....for some reason it never turned up on the homepage

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea... ghlight=drugs
Old 10-22-2010 at 05:55 PM   #20
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmowen View Post
Lol, that's exactly what I thought.....

Every day I come across some new crazy/interesting stuff on the Internet, and I always end up wishing I could study everything at university.

....And speaking of biology:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2Rxqpl...ed-people.html

offtopic: I just mis-read your username as shamwow. LOL
Old 10-22-2010 at 06:20 PM   #21
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
offtopic: I just mis-read your username as shamwow. LOL
Hahaha, wow....

.....I'm humbled....
Old 10-22-2010 at 08:33 PM   #22
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

I find Final Fantasies very interesting.
All Final Fantasies stories are great and touching, and the music is so amazing. I sometimes wonder in a few hundred years time, will the stories be taught like Shakespeare and play those piece in music class worldwide?

Commander, Entropy like this.
Old 10-22-2010 at 09:25 PM   #23
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
I find Final Fantasies very interesting.
All Final Fantasies stories are great and touching, and the music is so amazing. I sometimes wonder in a few hundred years time, will the stories be taught like Shakespeare and play those piece in music class worldwide?
Why aren't we friends yet? =\

I wish the stories would be taught in class as many of them do have quite a bit of depth. Unfortunately, I can't imagine video games ever being an "Accepted" form of media. I mean, there have been some pretty important movies in history (Star Wars etc.) and they're not being taught in any classes.

...But on the plus side, some of the music is being taught in music classes in Japan, as well as being played by some pretty classy orchestras worldwide.

What are the odds you're going to Distant Worlds?
Old 10-22-2010 at 10:06 PM   #24
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
You know what's great this is

I give the swiss 3 months before you can find that shovel in a swiss army knife.
Old 10-22-2010 at 10:17 PM   #25
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

This isn't really a concrete concept, but I find it fascinating that so many lives can coexist without ever crossing each other. That the world is seen so subjectively; every person with a different story.