MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is vector a scam? Jesse.C First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-31-2013 11:26 PM
Just Energy scam? moonlitnight General Discussion 2 08-15-2011 05:14 PM
Prime home services a scam? shwarma General Discussion 6 10-25-2010 09:18 PM
McMaster Email - Phishing Scam? AnguishedEnd General Discussion 9 09-07-2010 10:41 PM
Scam ? much ? anyone think this is a scam? WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-11-2008 11:19 AM

I think this is a scam, help

Old 07-03-2013 at 12:08 AM   #1
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

I think this is a scam, help
I purchased sunglasses from this website because I saw someone post on the Mcmaster facebook group that they're selling sunglasses for super cheap.

http://here-new.com/

The prices are so good, I bought two pairs, but now realized that it might be a scam.

There's no cancellation option, and I can't contact the merchant because there's no phone number. I know it was a dumb mistake, but is there anything I can do to fix this?

I paid with a credit card :(
Old 07-03-2013 at 12:19 AM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Looks like it. Just because it says the original price was over 100 dollars, doesn't mean it's true.

The actual price might be around 2-5 bucks on eBay, that's what I suggest you to use.
Old 07-03-2013 at 12:27 AM   #3
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Since credit card used, you will have certain protection. What type of scam was it? You can call up own credit card company and file a charge dispute if item not delivered or not of specs.
Old 07-03-2013 at 12:29 AM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

it's okay, we all make mistakes.
The only option you have now is just to email them and hope for a reply.
Be careful in the future, though. When making online purchases, always make sure that it's a trusted/well-known official company website.
Old 07-03-2013 at 12:31 AM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

If they tell you the original price is 125, they sell it for 25, and the actual price is 5 bucks, it's called consumer scam.

Avacado is right tho, but you can never be safe for sure. I had my PayPal account charged for 500 bucks because some guy in Cambodia hacked it and bought a whole bunch of supplies for his sweat shop. Good thing PayPal guys caught it, some transactions don't get caught. Be careful.
Old 07-03-2013 at 07:22 AM   #6
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

well let's just say it could have been worse. you have to question yourself especially when you're buying online, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true. lesson learned right?
Old 07-03-2013 at 07:37 AM   #7
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Two pairs of sunglasses: For those times when 1 cheap-ass pair just doesn't block out enough sun.