Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
This is completely wrong.

I'd love to show you my grade report.
Lol, I said rare not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
damn kamran have you never met an asian person before going to university? LOL
Bro how do I know, maybe asian kids have the same problems but never share them unlike more Westernized kids lmao
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:14 PM   #32
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

I'm not a fan of generalizations, but I don't think there is such a thing as non-strict Asian parents. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:14 PM   #33
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
. However, western parenting seems better overall in a way that they let their kids choose what they want to be. So it might take a kid a bit to figure out what he likes, but once he figures that out, he works hard for it and excels @ it.

Some kids are just not smart enough to figure out what they want on their own. I know many people in university that have no idea what they want to do in life. Thats the problem with giving your kid all the freedom to decide what they want to do. You have to inspire your kid to make these decisions, not by forcing ideas on them but by giving them the chance to explore options and giving them information they need to be good decision makers. There is a difference between forcing your kid to do something, giving your kid the freedom to decide what to do without preparing them, and guiding your kid to make the right choices.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:16 PM   #34
fred

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
I'm not a fan of generalizations, but I don't think there is such a thing as non-strict Asian parents. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
lmao. trust me they exist, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:21 PM   #35
bart15

Liked: 1 Time

I was gonna post a long rebuttal but there is no use I'm sure people will argue for one side or another and these are ideological arguments so there is no point in littering this wall.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:22 PM   #36
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Some kids are just not smart enough to figure out what they want on their own. I know many people in university that have no idea what they want to do in life. Thats the problem with giving your kid all the freedom to decide what they want to do. You have to inspire your kid to make these decisions, not by forcing ideas on them but by giving them the chance to explore options and giving them information they need to be good decision makers. There is a difference between forcing your kid to do something, giving your kid the freedom to decide what to do without preparing them, and guiding your kid to make the right choices.
Trust! If a person makes it to the university, he isn't dumb! Unless a person is mentally retarded, he would have to make a decision today or tomorrow. Everyone is different in a way that, some people know what they wanna do when they are six. Others like to try differnet things out may be make their decision when they are 22. As long as you are trying and serious about your life, it will workout in the end. It's a whole different story about those kids in the uni who are just here to party and get laid. Plus i totally said in the past post that western parents don't treat their kids right by giving them all of the freedoms.

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 01-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:25 PM   #37
fred

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart15 View Post
I was gonna post a long rebuttal but there is no use I'm sure people will argue for one side or another and these are ideological arguments so there is no point in littering this wall.
cool story, bro
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:27 PM   #38
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart15 View Post
...so there is no point in littering this wall.
This is not facebook....

xxsumz says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:30 PM   #39
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post

That is all.
WOW HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS UBER DISAPPOINT IN MYSELF

DARKLINK121 I AM IMMEDIATELY TRYING TO FACEBOOK CREEP YOU AND IF YOU ARE HOTZ WE ARE COPULATING IMMEDIATELY js

EDIT: DARNIT FB CREEP IS NOT POSSIBLE WHY DOES THOR SMACK ME DOWN WITH HIS HAMMER SO

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

darklink121 likes this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:31 PM   #40
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

I read that article, and I wondered if the author was trolling. The piano incident shows me that even if she does care for her kids, she has serious issues. A lot of the Asian commenters seem to think that she's off her rocker too.

I don't buy that because her eldest has played Carnegie and is an excellent student she has done a good job parenting. The youngest is apparently much more rebellious (see: the piano incident) and I bet she knows just how to push mom's buttons and cause drama.

Apparently this lady has also rejected homemade birthday cards from her kids because they were not good enough. How is that being a good parent?
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:32 PM   #41
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Asian parenting is fail.

Rakim likes this.
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:34 PM   #42
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

buffallooo soullljaaa

Old 01-09-2011 at 08:37 PM   #43
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

*Looks at people who are offended*

*Clicks on username*

*Sees real name*

*Laugh*
Old 01-09-2011 at 08:38 PM   #44
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanel View Post
Apparently this lady has also rejected homemade birthday cards from her kids because they were not good enough. How is that being a good parent?
If the card sucks, I dont blame her.
Old 01-09-2011 at 09:02 PM   #45
bart15

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
cool story, bro
I thought so lol