MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biochem 2EE3 vs Biology 2G03 kristina Academics 4 11-13-2010 10:34 PM
Confused about Biology courses for first year killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-21-2009 03:24 PM
First year Nursing and Human Biochem Core Courses at same time! daisy Academics 6 07-11-2009 10:18 PM
Biology-Third Year Courses mnk1988 Academics 22 06-20-2009 09:13 PM

Third year Biology or Biochem Courses

Old 09-06-2011 at 12:59 PM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Third year Biology or Biochem Courses
Hello!
Just wondering what are some good 3rd year biology courses to take?
I want to take it as an elective; nothing too heavy and possibly easy to 12 it if i put enough effort.

Or biochemistry courses if possible? (biochem 3g03 is out of the question, because i already took that ) But I think in general, biochem is more difficult than biology courses

Thank you and feedbacks would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2011 at 02:27 PM   #2
R633

Liked: 24 Times

A lot of the third year biology courses are quite dense and content heavy, but are still possible to do well in. Courses like Bio 3P03 may contain some difficult material, but if you study well, you will do well. Other courses like 3U03, 3UU3, 3XL3 all seem quite difficult (I haven't taken any of these yet), but again they are not automatic double digit courses. As for biochem, I have heard that 3H03 is easy to do well in and it has great relation to clinical biology. Some fourth year courses like Nutrition and Molecular membrane biology involve a lot of material, but are straight forward.
Old 09-06-2011 at 02:49 PM   #3
AndreaS

Liked: 0 Times

Hey

I really loved Mol bio 3H03 it's a really interesting course with many chances to get marks.
Biochem 4M03 (which used to be biochem 3N03) is a fantastic course as well
Old 09-06-2011 at 03:36 PM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

I would expect the ecology type courses (3DD3, 3SS3) to be somewhat easier maybe?
Don't take my word for it though, I'm just entering third year bio now and haven't taken any yet.
This semester I'm taking Physio 3U03 and Evolution 3FF3, but both of those will be hard :/