MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table JayChu Academics 65 08-09-2011 10:12 AM
Time table lin_aj Academics 3 08-09-2011 04:40 AM
My Mock ENG I Time table, what do you think? :) TabbishAziz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 07-28-2011 10:06 PM
Need help with my time table. thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-12-2010 10:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

Time table generator

Members have rated post #317724 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 06-05-2012 at 10:53 AM   #61
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

is there any way that you could add the profs to each core? i know the profs aren't normally listed on the timetables, but when i make my mock timetables, profs are one of the bigger factors. when i make my mock timetable on excel, i usually replace the location for the prof name b/c i could care less where my classes are (prof > classroom convenience for me and i'm sure for many others). but i guess since the classroom location is important to put on a timetable, would it maybe be a good idea to have a separate table/chart that lists the profs for each course? (ie. below the mock timetable or beside it, simply list the the course, course code and the prof name next to the course code)

just a suggestion. otherwise, everything else looks good (y)
Old 06-05-2012 at 10:55 AM   #62
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechrispy View Post
is there any way that you could add the profs to each core? i know the profs aren't normally listed on the timetables, but when i make my mock timetables, profs are one of the bigger factors. when i make my mock timetable on excel, i usually replace the location for the prof name b/c i could care less where my classes are (prof > classroom convenience for me and i'm sure for many others). but i guess since the classroom location is important to put on a timetable, would it maybe be a good idea to have a separate table/chart that lists the profs for each course? (ie. below the mock timetable or beside it, simply list the the course, course code and the prof name next to the course code)

Sure, no problem. I'll add that feature in a bit.
Old 06-05-2012 at 10:57 AM   #63
ricechrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Sure, no problem. I'll add that feature in a bit.
oh sick, awesome, thanks a lot
Old 06-05-2012
MSU VPEd
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-05-2012 at 11:20 AM   #64
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Hey Dillon,

If you'd like I know the University Registrar and can get you in touch with her about potentially transporting this amazing application to McMaster's website or on the MTT page. I'm not sure if you'd like to give it out as open source freeware or if you prefer to keep it as an IP instead, but either ways I'm sure they'll be able to work something out. Send me a PM!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 06-05-2012 at 01:09 PM   #65
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:

It's done. The prof name should show up if it's available.

Biochem47, ricechrispy all say thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.

Biochem47, jim1 like this.
Old 06-05-2012 at 01:50 PM   #66
ricechrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
It's done. The prof name should show up if it's available.
very niceee, looks great!

also, i don't know if this was mentioned already, and it's probably not a big deal, but for some classes with labs and tutorials that alternate bi-weekly at the same time slot, it says they're conflicting even though the lab is one week and the tutorial is the next week (ie. Chem 1AA3). I don't know how you would be able to fix that though.

yeah, it's not a big deal, but i'm sure some would be confused, especially incoming first years trying your program out.
Old 06-05-2012 at 01:52 PM   #67
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:

also, i don't know if this was mentioned already, and it's probably not a big deal, but for some classes with labs and tutorials that alternate bi-weekly at the same time slot, it says they're conflicting even though the lab is one week and the tutorial is the next week (ie. Chem 1AA3). I don't know how you would be able to fix that though.

yeah, it's not a big deal, but i'm sure some would be confused, especially incoming first years trying your program out.
Oh right, I meant to fix that and forgot about it. I'll get to it a bit later.
Old 06-05-2012
willdunz
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-05-2012 at 03:10 PM   #68
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

YOU ARE THE KING OF EVERYTHING MY FRIEND. YOU JUST MADE EVERYThING SO MUCH EASIER!
Old 06-05-2012 at 04:17 PM   #69
JAYJAY

Liked: 0 Times

I could cry from how much I love this.
Old 06-05-2012 at 04:23 PM   #70
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYJAY View Post
I could cry from how much I love this.
Then..just cry away at Dillon's creation.
Old 06-05-2012 at 04:25 PM   #71
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Hey Dillon,

If you'd like I know the University Registrar and can get you in touch with her about potentially transporting this amazing application to McMaster's website or on the MTT page. I'm not sure if you'd like to give it out as open source freeware or if you prefer to keep it as an IP instead, but either ways I'm sure they'll be able to work something out. Send me a PM!
Make sure he gets paid more than the other guys!

Old 06-05-2012 at 04:59 PM   #72
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:

Okay, this should be working now. They still overlap, but don't appear as conflicts. 'EOW' labels show up too.

ricechrispy likes this.
Old 06-05-2012 at 05:38 PM   #73
alcoa

Liked: 0 Times

What do the choices from drop downs mean
This is actually wickedly cool, and helps elevate my concerns for registering for my classes.

See, I am a fall 2012 1st year student and have zero knowledge of how it works.
Your creation look like it will make it sooooo much easier.

Sadly I have to ask what does the following mean;

Select a core - C-1 / C-2
Select a tutorial T-1 through T-10
Select Lab - L1 though L10

I know the required courses needed for Engineering 1, but need to know what does this choices represent.

Please help, I don;t want to start on a bad foot. Thanks !