MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table JayChu Academics 65 08-09-2011 10:12 AM
Time table lin_aj Academics 3 08-09-2011 04:40 AM
My Mock ENG I Time table, what do you think? :) TabbishAziz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 07-28-2011 10:06 PM
Need help with my time table. thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-12-2010 10:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

Time table generator

Members have rated post #317724 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 06-06-2012 at 06:35 PM   #91
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Nicely done Dillon!
Old 06-06-2012 at 08:25 PM   #92
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this before me, but I highly recommend pitching it to UTS. At the very least, it may allow you some nice contacts + networking

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-06-2012 at 08:37 PM   #93
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Dillon, is there anyway we can give you credit for this professionally as something you can put on your resume/CV.... I have no idea how such a thing would work but I believe in giving credit when it's due and if there is anyway I can help with that im more than willing!
Old 06-07-2012 at 02:00 AM   #94
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by negussj View Post
this is going to sound childish...any way of making the courses appear different colours?
This feature is done! You can now dynamically make your schedule coloured or monochrome. The maximum number of different coloured courses you can have is 16. I figure people with more than 8 courses per semester don't exist anyway, so that should be fine :p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Hey, im using chrome and found this bug. When I undo one of the courses in the 2nd term, the cells from the row the course was in, get transported to the previous row.
Fixed!

-----

I've got the exporting to excel kind of half done at this point... not entirely sure how it will turn out, but I'm pretty sure it will be usable.

I'm also going to try and make some sort of 'save' functionality so that you can reload the timetable you've composed without having to manually enter all the information again, should one want to edit their information again later.

jon.john23 says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 06-07-2012 at 02:45 AM   #95
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp31 View Post
Dillon, is there anyway we can give you credit for this professionally as something you can put on your resume/CV.... I have no idea how such a thing would work but I believe in giving credit when it's due and if there is anyway I can help with that im more than willing!
He can quote that it was featured and will prob be perma stickied/featured on MI (Mcmaster's official forum). Shows it does it in his free time and more of a volunteer community based thing. It would be great also if UTS takes this and integrates it into their site.
Old 06-07-2012 at 07:29 PM   #96
negussj

Liked: 0 Times

you are amazing!
Old 06-07-2012 at 09:37 PM   #97
scarletfire

Liked: 2 Times

I can't seem to open it. Then again, I'm currently in Shanghai. Would it be China that's blocking the access like they're blocking FB, or is it some kind of firewall error or whatnot? I'm currently using chrome.
Old 06-07-2012 at 09:39 PM   #98
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
I can't seem to open it. Then again, I'm currently in Shanghai. Would it be China that's blocking the access like they're blocking FB, or is it some kind of firewall error or whatnot? I'm currently using chrome.
It's possible. The site I'm leeching the webspace to host it from is actually an art/photography website, so I wouldn't be surprised if China was in fact blocking it.

Are there any proxies like hidemyass.com you can use to get around it?
Old 06-08-2012 at 09:29 AM   #99
scarletfire

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
It's possible. The site I'm leeching the webspace to host it from is actually an art/photography website, so I wouldn't be surprised if China was in fact blocking it.

Are there any proxies like hidemyass.com you can use to get around it?
I can't access hidemyass.com either. I'm not sure what you mean by using proxies.
Old 06-08-2012 at 10:38 AM   #100
igmelin

Liked: 4 Times

I think you just became the most popular person at McMaster!

jon.john23 likes this.
Old 06-09-2012 at 12:09 PM   #101
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

I am having trouble added courses. I see the drop down menu and select the course name but I cannot click on anything else. The other four drop down menus are light grey meaning I cannot click on them and nothing happens when I click on "Next".

Is it because I am using Internet Explorer?
Old 06-09-2012 at 12:16 PM   #102
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post
I am having trouble added courses. I see the drop down menu and select the course name but I cannot click on anything else. The other four drop down menus are light grey meaning I cannot click on them and nothing happens when I click on "Next".

Probably. I never planned to support internet explorer.

Old 06-09-2012 at 03:42 PM   #103
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer31 View Post

I'm having the same problem with both Firefox and Safari, though it used to work just fine.
Old 06-09-2012 at 06:05 PM   #104
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug324 View Post
I'm having the same problem with both Firefox and Safari, though it used to work just fine.
Are you sure about that? I just tried it in Firefox, and it seems to work just fine :s. You could try clearing your cache; the data the timetable generator uses is actually downloaded separately. It's not impossible that a bad only partially downloaded copy was cached.
Old 06-10-2012 at 01:09 PM   #105
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

If anyone in B-tech cares, Saturday classes now show up properly.