MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
check my timetable cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-09-2010 06:03 PM
Someone check my timetable.. please Izzy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-26-2010 10:39 PM
Please check my Timetable Afzal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 07-18-2009 10:43 AM
Please check my timetable Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2008 10:15 AM
Timetable check plz **jewel 03** Academics 4 08-09-2008 10:49 AM

Timetable check please

Old 08-07-2008 at 08:18 PM   #1
dondada

Liked: 0 Times

Timetable check please
Please if someone could just help me out with this. i would greatly appreciate it. we can be friends!

p.s. i just want to having your schedule reviewed on macinsiders is much like having rappers do a remix to a millie. a lot of people are doing it. LOL

11.jpg

22.jpg
Old 08-07-2008 at 08:23 PM   #2
dondada

oh man its too small how do i do this
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:00 PM   #3
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

did you print-screen it? Print screen it again and make the size bigger.

dondada says thanks to MohitB for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:08 PM   #4
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

From what I could see, your timetable isnt bad! I like your first term quite a bit.. and really keep in mind, alot of Chem, Bio and other Science courses repeat throughout the day/week, so if you're too lazy to your 8:30 Chem class, go to the same one at 11:30! With those labs in there, it might seem like alot, and I know from seeing how my boyfriend in science went insane last year, that with multiple labs during the week, you sometimes feel overwhelmed. But just remember to keep on top of things when it comes to labs Good think theyre every other week lol. I'm not trying to encourage you to skip your classes (we all do it ) but we all need a break sometimes

dondada says thanks to samantha__ for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:21 PM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

I agree with Samantha, your schedule looks great compared to the engineers who have been posting their schedules recently! I would suggest looking on the Master Timetable to see if the courses and lab at the bottom of the first term can be moved upward, just to end your day earlier if you'd like. I think that chem lab can be moved to 11:30 on Tuesday instead of 2:30 if that would make things easier.

dondada says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-08-2008 at 12:07 AM   #6
dondada

i managed to figure this image issue. so here it is!

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

i have some questions to ask as well, what makes a good schedule?
i know im a morning person.
is it good to have all these gaps between classes? or is no gaps better?
is it better to have your similar subject courses spread out, say biology core, lab, and tuts? or is it better to have it all in one day?
how do you know which week you have eow? is there a code for that.

really im just looking for advice on how to organize my schedule. if there are any other links that would help me out too please post a reply

thank you to all those who have already posted

Last edited by dondada : 08-08-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:06 AM   #7
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Personally, I like little gaps, because it's nice to have a break here and there, especially when the class you just attended was very boring. At the same time, soemtimes you just want all your classes to be done with, so you'd rather have everything without any gaps.

In terms of EOW, they'll tell you.. I'm not sure how, hopefully someone will check this thread and answer this question.

I found that spreading out similiar courses didnt really matter for me; something like Bio for example, I would personally like the tutorial to be on the same day as a core, so that I can ask questions from the lecture I had that day.

How you organize your schedule is such a personal thing. I'm not a morning person and therefore I struggled to even go to my 8:30 classes. Also while at Mac for first year, I developed a habit that I still have today -- staying up REALLY late. Like abnormally late, like 4 am everyday. But at the same time, if a class really doesn't engage you, no matter what time it's at, you just won't want to go. I had Health Studies 1A03 at 12:30 twice a week and I barely EVER went, just because the course was so incredibly dull to me! Also, being fresh out of high school, your body will still be adjusting to not having 6 hours of class from 9am to 3pm everyday like you've been having since Grade 1. Believe it or not, this year, you will discover that a 10 minute power nap at Mills is quite good sometimes

Last edited by samantha__ : 08-08-2008 at 01:08 AM.

dondada says thanks to samantha__ for this post.
Old 08-08-2008 at 03:50 PM   #8
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

EOW schedual is usually told to you the first day or so, and usually it goes something like, odd numbered tutorals/labs the first week, even numbered ones the second or vice versa.

Personally I hated gaps between classes, I never knew what to do with them, especially hour long gaps, unless it was at lunch, because I like to be able to work solidly through on something . Some people do much better with them though, because sometimes they are just short enough that it makes it not worth it to go home, and then they study.

Also, yay for morning people! For classes with multiple lecture sections, the first thing in the morning sections are much less crowded, so if you are alert first thing, that really helps - plus then you get the entire rest of the day without wasiting your morning .

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------

dondada says thanks to Cubit for this post.