MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable Checking & Help Thread 2010 Chad Academics 237 09-07-2011 10:40 PM
first thread of 2011 Juve General Discussion 6 01-01-2011 12:32 PM
Official 2010 Timetable Checking Thread Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-09-2010 09:38 AM
2010/2011 Master Course Timetable danallan Academics 6 05-10-2010 02:08 PM

Timetable Checking and Help Thread 2011

Old 08-12-2011 at 09:53 PM   #196
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Wed Term 1 looks horible, but I can't change it.
Please feel free to add any comments, suggestions or advice.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.jpg (32.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (33.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2011 at 11:14 PM   #197
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
When I was in first year we were able to just tell the cashiers out student number when we were buying food in the cases of students who didn't get their student cards yet. I don't know if this still applies, it was ridiculous in my opinion.
God damn, that must've sucks, thanks!
Old 08-12-2011 at 11:14 PM   #198
lelee890

Liked: 0 Times

Please review my Life Sci timetable. =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term1.JPG (73.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg term2.JPG (90.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2011 at 11:25 PM   #199
lelekb

Liked: 11 Times

Hey guys, my main concern is the friday of my term 1. The shitty thing is that that friday has only mandatory courses from ONE program so its not like multiple courses from multiple departments just happened to overlap terribly. This was PLANNED torture for us. Most of them aren't open to other programs so its not like they have to cater to a huge group of students and their timetables as well.

Anyways its only EOW for how ever long labs go so that's an upside : / Is it that bad? Am I being scared for nothing?

I'm also contemplating overloading in second semester and taking BIO2A03 as well. Would that be too much for my schedule and is overloading generally ill-advised?

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance and hope everybody is doing okay with theirs!

Last edited by lelekb : 08-12-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: img problems
Old 08-13-2011 at 12:40 AM   #200
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelekb View Post
Hey guys, my main concern is the friday of my term 1. The shitty thing is that that friday has only mandatory courses from ONE program so its not like multiple courses from multiple departments just happened to overlap terribly. This was PLANNED torture for us. Most of them aren't open to other programs so its not like they have to cater to a huge group of students and their timetables as well.

Anyways its only EOW for how ever long labs go so that's an upside : / Is it that bad? Am I being scared for nothing?

I'm also contemplating overloading in second semester and taking BIO2A03 as well. Would that be too much for my schedule and is overloading generally ill-advised?

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance and hope everybody is doing okay with theirs!

Change your orgo labs if you can... other than that you don\t have many other options, lol. Eat on the way to class.

lelekb says thanks to britb for this post.
Old 08-13-2011 at 01:09 AM   #201
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelekb View Post

I definitely agree with britb. I had a lab on Friday morning and on Friday afternoons in 2 different terms and I hated both! The Friday afternoon though was much worse, especially if you have a few classes before it- you'll be exhausted by then :/.

lelekb says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-13-2011 at 01:14 AM   #202
lolliPop

Liked: 6 Times

Plz review my timetable.
Any input is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1.jpg (130.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Term 2.jpg (134.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-13-2011 at 01:24 AM   #203
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelee890 View Post
Please review my Life Sci timetable. =)
Term 1: Having your Chem lab and Bio tutorial right after each other might be a little exhausting, especially since both will need some prep. Maybe move your Bio tutorial to Tues at 2:30. I really like it overall, but the 1-hour breaks are a little annoying, however there's only so much you can do about it. Maybe move your Psych core to after your math core on Tuesday. That way, there's one less break and you'd start later. Also, it'd just be one block of class and you're done!

Term 2: I love the late days but I'm not a big fan of the early morning chem lab. However, there's no where else to put it unless you switch cores and i don't think you should. Especially since it minimizes all your breaks and everything is compact between 12:30 and 5:30. So definitely keep it as it is, I wouldn't change anything . Just note that chem labs might be a pain so prep ahead of time!

lelee890 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

lelee890 likes this.
Old 08-13-2011 at 01:31 AM   #204
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolliPop View Post
Plz review my timetable.
Any input is appreciated!
Term 1: A pretty good schedule overall for Life Sci I. I like how there's minimal 1-hour breaks. Although it's not something grave but, I would just switch the Bio lab to Thurs afternoon and Chem lab to Tuesday afternoon and here's why.. On Thurs, you have a core and a lab back-to-back and going from TSH to ABB might make you late for your lab and I personally wouldn't risk it. BSB however is closer to TSH so you'd definitely make it on time from TSH to BSB. If it's full though, no worries, you're not a disadvantage or anything, just make sure you head to the lab right away (if you stick with chem on Thurs.)

Term 2: Also pretty good overall, the only problem might be TSH to ABB once again. But since that's inevitable (morning labs aren't exactly ideal), I would just move the Chem lab to Thurs and Bio tutorial to Monday. Monday labs for chem are the worst, especially if you're during the first week! So it's better to have it later in the week.

lolliPop says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

lolliPop likes this.
Old 08-13-2011 at 01:57 AM   #205
lolliPop

Liked: 6 Times

Thanks. Unfortunately there's no Bio 1m03 on monday (term 2).
And about switching Bio and Chem in term 1; the only spot available is
for chem. Do you thing it's worth taking that spot and therefore put in a conflict
(Bio lab and Chem lab on monday afternoon) and maybe resolve
it later? Or should I wait till I find both spots at the same time?
Old 08-13-2011 at 02:00 AM   #206
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolliPop View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately there's no Bio 1m03 on monday (term 2).
And about switching Bio and Chem in term 1; the only spot available is
for chem. Do you thing it's worth taking that spot and therefore put in a conflict
(Bio lab and Chem lab on monday afternoon) and maybe resolve
it later? Or should I wait till I find both spots at the same time?
Oh shoot, I should've double checked the master timetable, sorry about that! It'll be really hard to find them both at the same time so if you choose to switch them you'd have to switch one and then keep the conflict until you're able to switch the other one. During the first week of school though, they can resolve it for you since it's 2 mandatory courses if you speak to the course co-ordinator and whatnot.

lolliPop says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-14-2011
danitatecson
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-14-2011
majorieloth
Old 08-14-2011
leetilghman
Old 08-14-2011
manaaragus