MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Help? for my timetable? keiser=) Introduce Yourself 2 07-31-2011 11:05 AM
when can we see our timetable 737300173 Academics 5 07-13-2011 02:33 PM
my timetable - help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-25-2010 12:23 AM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Course Timetable MarissaK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-25-2009 09:48 PM

Timetable help

Old 06-14-2012 at 02:12 PM   #1
LouiseV

Liked: 0 Times

Timetable help
I've just created a mock timetable but I'd like people's opinions on it as I am just entering into first year MedRadSci and haven't really a clue what I'm doing.
ANY advice will be much appreciated

Also, how easy is it to switch labs and tutorials when you get your timetable in the beginning of August?

timetable4.htm.rtf
Old 06-14-2012 at 02:15 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Use this to make a timetable from now on:

http://asylumartists.com/mcmaster/generator.html

I couldn't switch any labs in August since they were all full in all science classes, but once the year started, I could easily go to the department if there was a conflict due to labs to get it fixed and also people change around their schedules up until halfway through septemeber almost so you could also change it around before that if you're lucky.
Old 06-14-2012 at 02:21 PM   #3
LouiseV

Liked: 0 Times

I did use that actually! I just imported it into word so I could attach it on here. Is it smart to have all classes right after each other or is it better to have breaks in between?
Old 06-14-2012 at 02:30 PM   #4
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseV View Post
I did use that actually! I just imported it into word so I could attach it on here. Is it smart to have all classes right after each other or is it better to have breaks in between?
It's usually better to have them in a row, because 1 hour breaks are fairly pointless; trust me, you won't get any work done. On the other hand, you don't want too many classes in a row. 3 or 4 seem to be most people's limit, but it depends on how long you think you can pay attention.

Longer breaks could be good for getting work done. Again, it's up to you.
Old 06-14-2012 at 02:42 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

To me I like your schedule. All your classes are right after the other. No useless breaks in between. The only problem is that it's 8:30 class. Most if not all people miss 830 classes once in awhile. Try to change them if you can.

It is difficult (especially for main stream courses) to switch labs and such. Just hope you get placed in one you want or change it asap
Old 06-17-2012 at 08:55 PM   #6
alyssaah

Liked: 4 Times

Looks nice since you will be done classes early in the day, just thought I would mention that the kin tutorial on fridays is actually a weekly quiz time not a tutorial