MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetables. JAYJAY First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-09-2010 11:27 PM
Personal Timetables Will Be Released On Aug 11th mcinside MacInsiders Announcements 43 08-12-2009 11:41 PM
Timetables are Available! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2009 01:05 PM
Timetables are out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 66 08-25-2008 01:26 PM
Timetables Are Down lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-11-2008 08:35 AM

Timetables released!

Old 08-10-2009 at 11:39 PM   #16
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Soo... What do I do about a conflict that can neither be switched nor changed??... Its a compulsory course. Both of em...I guess i call mac??

On the bright side, both of my mondays are 'lab days'. Whoo 3 labs in one day!! And none of my classes start before 9:30!
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:41 PM   #17
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

I planned out my schedule beforehand, and even though I know I have no input on what my timetable will look like before the 13th, it's always comforting to know that McMaster will give me one that looks nothing like the one I wanted and, in some cases, way worse than planned -___-

I would complain about mine, but after seeing Ownaginatious's, I have no right to complain.

jenn_y, mellye, niteskie like this.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:42 PM   #18
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by veena_vd View Post
Hey..one of my courses in term 1 isn't showing up on my timetable, it conflicts with something but it doesn't show on the timetable at all. It shows on my course summary and I remember seeing it on my solar... something I should worry about?
I have a similar situation for a second term course, but I checked the course on the master timetable, and they haven't released any lecture timeslots yet (because it's a fourth-year project course), so I figured that's what the problem was.

Your situation should be quite different though, since you can't possibly have any project courses yet. I would look the course in question up on the master timetable and see when its lectures are supposed to be held... once you find that info out, then you can plan ahead and try to switch stuff around on SOLAR when it opens.
Old 08-10-2009
Ownaginatios
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:43 PM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellye View Post
Soo... What do I do about a conflict that can neither be switched nor changed??... Its a compulsory course. Both of em...I guess i call mac??

On the bright side, both of my mondays are 'lab days'. Whoo 3 labs in one day!! And none of my classes start before 9:30!
Yeah, the only thing we can suggest is to call your department advisers and ask them what they suggest.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-10-2009 at 11:44 PM   #20
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

So... does anyone like their timetable so far?
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:44 PM   #21
endearing66

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
i guess your lab and core for chem are conflicting. you can change it when solar reopens
how to do that? i mean .. how do i know the timings of the course i m selecting? can someone just guide me what and how to solve it ? i hv no idea..

Last edited by endearing66 : 08-11-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:45 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I know! I was so surprised seeing it up, without even checking on MI. Ugh! Only 2/10 classes are in their right spots, but then again, they only have one slot for everything
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:47 PM   #23
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
i like mine except for my conflict... But thats not solars fault. Hehe.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:48 PM   #24
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU UU--- I just realized that the second level German class part 2 I wanted to take conflicts with some retarded multimedia class I have to take. Damn... both of them have only one section, and theirs a 99% chance neither will be offered in the summer >:U.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:48 PM   #25
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Actually, i checked at like 12.00, or 12.01, and it wasnt up
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:49 PM   #26
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Mine isn't too bad luckily. Hopefully some tweaking will get it from "not bad" to "good".

Can anyone enlighten me as to what buildings T13, BSB, MDCL, and JHE are?
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:50 PM   #27
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Well my second term wouldn't be too bad if I switch around one course.

My first term didn't go the way I want it to. My main gripe right now is that I don't want classes after 3:30 (I had a 5:30 class last year and that just interfered with me joining clubs / stuff at the gym / this dinner-get-together DC++ers had... Also I ended up dropping that class later which made me hate it even more)... This one night course being an exception

It seems like a very petty complaint, but I'm a person who just likes to complain =|

Also, I'll have to wake up for 8/9:30 classes... But there's no way around that.

(but again it seems so petty compared to Ownage's table...)
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:52 PM   #28
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Mine isn't too bad luckily. Hopefully some tweaking will get it from "not bad" to "good".

t13 = temporary building 13, which is behind the PC, or Psychology Building (also called complex...which I think sounds ironic)

bsb = bourke science building

jhe = john hopkin's engineering building (bsb and jhe are beside each other)

mdcl = michael degroote center for learning and discovery

Quote:
Aside from the 830-1030 seminar I'm trying to change into a thesis my timetable is great. woohoo being a fourth year

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

reeves says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-10-2009 at 11:53 PM   #29
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post

T13 is a "temporary" building (west of the hospital, north of the New Engineering Building).

BSB = Burke Science Building, large building near the centre of campus

MDCL = Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery. Large modern building on the east end of campus, next to the hospital.

JHE = John Hopkins Engineering building. Large building near the south centre of campus, next to BSB

reeves says thanks to Taunton for this post.