MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bookstore LuFiasco First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-13-2012 05:30 PM
bookstore Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-08-2010 09:03 PM
About Titles Bookstore wonie9024 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-11-2008 08:43 PM
Bookstore T29 amplified First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-01-2008 09:24 PM

Titles Bookstore Tech Support?

Old 03-16-2013 at 04:17 PM   #1
shashycookie

Liked: 0 Times

Titles Bookstore Tech Support?
Do any of you guys know if Titles bookstore offer laptop tech support even if I didn't buy my laptop from there? :S
Old 03-16-2013 at 05:02 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashycookie View Post
Do any of you guys know if Titles bookstore offer laptop tech support even if I didn't buy my laptop from there? :S
What's wrong with your laptop?
Old 03-16-2013 at 05:14 PM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I think they offer tech support for the brands they sell there aka Macs and Fujitsu, etc (maybe Lenovo, I'm not sure). They'll always look at your computer if you'd like them to, but it costs $15 and if there's a part that needs to be replaced, they can't do it for you if they don't house that brand (that's how it was an year or so ago).

Source: me. My Dell decided to stop charging.

Edit: It might have changed since then though because the tech support area seems to have been revamped. Easiest to just go and ask! The staff's pretty helpful.

TL;DR--YES THEY DO
Old 03-16-2013 at 05:50 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Just bring it to the Blue Lounge or somethin'? I'm sure the braniacs there will know more and charge nothing, hah
Old 03-16-2013 at 06:03 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Repair services they do. Mills and thodes has a tech support so check there. You can also walk into the lounge in JHE ask an engineer. What's your problem?
Old 03-18-2013 at 12:17 PM   #6
shashycookie

Thanks guys!

I have a lenovo laptop.. It was working fine until two weeks (?) after I got it, when I tried to turn it on, the fan would run but nothing would show up on the screen. I waited 10 minutes to see if it is just taking long to start up. I had to press the power button again for a few seconds to turn it off. This one time, I had to turn it on and off ~15 times to finally get it to start up! Now it takes 1-2 attempts :S

Last edited by shashycookie : 03-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2013 at 05:47 PM   #7
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Does the fan run really fast? Or just at a normal speed?
Old 03-18-2013 at 06:15 PM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Did you hear any clicking noises? What;s the fan speed relatively? What did you recently do before this happened?
Old 03-18-2013 at 06:29 PM   #9
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

corrupt sector for identifying the OS most likely. if it is the case the HDD is probably no good. go buy a new laptop HDD and use online vids to help you swap them.

Sometimes laptops come with an OS disc that allows an easy, windows install. see if you can find that disc and install windows again. it's really easy.

if you don't have that disc, you can ask a friend to burn an image of a Lenovo OEM Windows disc for you. Easily found in certain ship-docking-sites...

now take your old HDD, put it in an external shell, hook it up to see if you can get anything off it.

if you can't at first, put the old hdd and external shell in the freezer over night in a ziploc bag (doing this will contract the metal inside if your bearing has failed, which is super common) and then try it. you can slowly pull important data, if it is the bearing that's damaged.
Old 03-19-2013 at 09:09 AM   #10
shashycookie

the fan runs normally! and sometimes there are clicking noises, not all the time though. I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary before it happened... just note-taking and watching shows?

and sorry but I'm not knowledgeable of the things you just mentioned so I have noooo idea what you're talking about ^^;;