MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer into Engineering from another program hamilton Academics 2 12-23-2014 02:39 AM
Transfer to engineering HD92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-05-2011 08:28 AM
Transfer from humanities to engineering aditya Academics 29 04-25-2011 01:53 AM
Engineering Transfer incognito Academics 2 11-02-2010 02:35 AM
Transfer into Engineering Aisha777 Academics 17 04-01-2010 08:53 AM

Transfer into Engineering

Old 03-04-2015 at 01:18 PM   #1
jeff123

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer into Engineering
I am currently in the bachelor of technology program at mcmaster. How do i transfer into engineering? What forms do i need to submit?
Old 03-04-2015 at 03:15 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

See an academic advisor.
Old 03-04-2015 at 05:17 PM   #3
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

I just looked at Starfish's account, and you dont beleive how many "See an academic advisor" posts he has, it is crazy. DO NOT see the academic advisor. Do you have the grades for transfer? And if so, only a few of your courses will be taken over, are you wiling to add on another year of university working towards an engineering degree? DO you know which engineerign program you wanna go into? Eng is hard, do you think you can handle it? If you answered yes to at least some of these, go ahead and see the academic advisor.
Old 03-04-2015 at 05:28 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralts40(2) View Post
I just looked at Starfish's account, and you dont beleive how many "See an academic advisor" posts he has, it is crazy. DO NOT see the academic advisor. Do you have the grades for transfer? And if so, only a few of your courses will be taken over, are you wiling to add on another year of university working towards an engineering degree? DO you know which engineerign program you wanna go into? Eng is hard, do you think you can handle it? If you answered yes to at least some of these, go ahead and see the academic advisor.
First off, what makes you think I am male? (I am asking because I am genuinely curious, not to attack your assumption).

Secondly, you started off your post by saying don't see an advisor, and finished by saying they should see an advisor. And, many of those questions that you put in between the two contradictory statements can best be answered by an academic advisor. Obviously the OP is interested and thinks they can handle it or they wouldn't be asking about the process to transfer.

Lastly, many many people on here ask questions that are MUCH better suited to an academic advisor, and you pay for them with your tuition so you might as well take advantage of the resource rather than gamble your future based on what some random person told you on the internet. That is why half of my posts are telling people to see an academic advisor - and believe me, it really is tiresome. Even as I posted my original reply, I was wishing there was some button I could press to just give the automated response Just because it's a common response though, that doesn't make it bad advice.

In this case, an academic advisor can provide you with all of the forms needed, ensure you meet the requirements based on your specific courses, grades and desired stream, which courses may transfer and which won't, and answer any other questions that you may have. Why on earth wouldn't you go see them?!

2Dream says thanks to starfish for this post.

2Dream, mythbuster06 like this.
Old 03-04-2015 at 05:38 PM   #5
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

I dont know.. The Yoda character in your profile, your harsh dominant-male like response to my posts, un-specified gender in your profile, all made me beleive that you were male..
Old 03-04-2015 at 06:01 PM   #6
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
I dont know.. The Yoda character in your profile, your harsh dominant-male like response to my posts, un-specified gender in your profile, all made me beleive that you were male..
Hey, don't trash Yoda. Little dude still goes to counselor after what I did to him in the prequels.

2Dream says thanks to GeorgeLucas for this post.

starfish likes this.
Old 03-04-2015 at 06:09 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Ralts please stop trolling. His response is the correct one.

To OP, it is possible but very difficult. As stated above see your academic councillor
Old 03-04-2015 at 06:34 PM   #8
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

I believe if you have an 8 then you can transfer over... If I got in first year for transfer for Commerce to Eng and Comp Sci, anyone can if you have the average...
Old 03-05-2015 at 07:19 AM   #9
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

OP the best advice I can give you would be to ignore any "advice" that ralts is giving you. Starfish nailed it on the head, if you have any questions that could majorly affect your academic career, why trust an unknown person's opinion online when the academic advisors are readily available to assist you?
See your academic advisor and best of luck on the transfer