MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mac transfer transferbnd Academics 4 12-24-2010 01:46 PM
McMaster to Western Transfer Process incognito Academics 16 12-22-2010 01:34 AM
transfer?? Ziggi Academics 4 08-17-2010 07:53 PM
Transfer Drkhan Academics 9 02-20-2010 11:49 PM
Ualberta student wanting to transfer to McMaster Engineering Oilers Academics 1 11-09-2008 02:22 PM

transfer out of mcmaster

Old 01-12-2011 at 12:19 AM   #1
Naml
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

transfer out of mcmaster
I'm in first year and I want to transfer to either waterloo or u of t

what average to I need to end first year with? also would they count all my credits here at mac or only the ones towards my major?

would they look at high school marks at all?

I tried going to their websites and they don't say specifc grades they want from university students trying to transfer.

Last edited by Naml : 01-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2011 at 12:20 AM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Transfer OUT of McMaster? What is this blasphemy!

JonC89 likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 12:26 AM   #3
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Thread title and what you say in your post make no sense whatsoever
Old 01-12-2011 at 12:42 AM   #4
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Harmless mistake, you should correct the title to Transfer Into McMaster, or more people are going to be confused
Old 01-12-2011 at 12:49 AM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

if u got into mac without being accepted into ut/loo, ur chacnes are slim to nil. ur gpa has to be like 10+ imo
Old 01-12-2011 at 01:48 AM   #6
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Skye likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:57 AM   #7
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

dont blame him for transferring out..especially when we have strikes every year..so what will it be next yr? Strike due to the amount of trees wasted in creating test/midterms?

Thankfully they're striking during the winter term so they can freeze their a**...end vent

sorry, i'm just really annoyed by how this is the second straight year of a strike

blenicnl likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 06:40 AM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naml View Post

what average to I need to end first year with? also would they count all my credits here at mac or only the ones towards my major?

I tried going to their websites and they don't say specifc grades they want from university students trying to transfer.
You should really go into the school and inquire into these sort of things, instead of relying on people who live in the interwebs to inform you of these things
Old 01-12-2011 at 07:09 AM   #9
nuttynatz

Liked: 2 Times

You should call Waterloo and U of T and see what their requirements and deadlines are for accepting transfer students. Most likely they will transfer some of your credits based on how similar the courses you took here are to the courses they offer, you might still need to make up other credits though. However, to know exactly which credits will be transferred you should contact the schools you want to transfer to. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2011 at 07:12 AM   #10
Equinox

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naml View Post

I think you need to get over 60% for a course to count as a potential credit - the admissions staff at UW, UT, etc. will have to look at the course outlines/descriptions of each course that you took and then decide whether or not to count them as a transfer credit.

They also look at your highschool marks.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:00 AM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It's best if you go and speak to an academic advisor in your faculty's associate dean's office. Also, there's plenty of information online (not everything, but a lot). What faculty are you in? I found information about ArtSci transfers at UT here: http://www.artsci.utoronto.c a/curr...ex_html#grades

Also, I think a large part of your transfer acceptance depends on how competitive you are compared to other applicants.
Old 01-12-2011 at 08:02 AM   #12
Parnian

Liked: 13 Times

Transfer out ASAP. You'll be doing yourself the biggest favor ever.

eullwm likes this.