MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
am a transfer student and i have a problem saeedoo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-13-2013 05:49 PM
Transfer student into life Sci Jasonn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 01-16-2013 06:09 AM
help with student transfer to mcmaster Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-30-2012 03:36 PM
Transfer student questions jntyrhds Academics 4 08-09-2011 04:13 PM

Transfer Student

Old 04-09-2014 at 06:45 PM   #1
anfel1

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer Student
Hi,
Transfer student here from another uni. I'm not an internal transfer so how would I know when I've gotten into the program I've applied to? I applied for both health sci and life sci programs at mac. Also, it says for health sci that you need chem and bio for 2 sems. Would they see ur overall average or would they only look at your fall grades?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2014 at 12:18 AM   #2
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

probably want to contact departments for both science and BHSc. for the former they likely admit on a rolling basis based on marks. have you sent them a transcript including first semester marks? if not then I wouldn't expect anything until they receive your grades from the final years transcript. for BHSc I am pretty sure they will only consider you once you have sent in your final transcript as there is a mark cutoff of a 10 (~3.7 gpa at other schools or 80%ish) but better ask them to confirm - also you had to have submitted the supplementary application that was due a little while ago but I assume you did.

anfel1 says thanks to yoni for this post.
Old 04-10-2014 at 10:33 AM   #3
anfel1

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for the quick reply. I did submit my transcript for my first semester marks and my supplementary application. Yea I was just wondering whether they will read my application based on those grades or my final grades. The office is a bit busy as I've asked them already which is why I made a thread. Thanks