MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transfer 2nd year engineering courses jntyrhds Academics 3 11-24-2010 10:29 AM
Are My Courses Good For A Transfer Into Commerce? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2010 02:29 PM
residence 2nd year - transfer student! canyoufindme Residence & Housing 15 11-10-2009 06:58 PM
Transfer credit for Level II elective courses wendy0519 Academics 4 06-14-2009 06:52 PM
Ualberta student wanting to transfer to McMaster Engineering Oilers Academics 1 11-09-2008 02:22 PM

Transfer student trying to get courses planned..

Old 06-10-2011 at 10:40 AM   #1
ayalew29

Liked: 1 Time

Transfer student trying to get courses planned..
Alright so I was given a bunch of transfer credits to Mac, problem is I didn't get the important first year course (GEOG 1HA3) that is needed as a pre-req for pretty much any other upper level course in Geography.
So i'm wondering when I register on SOLAR, can i choose that first year course in Term 1 and have all the other 2nd year courses (that need that pre-req) in Term 2? or will SOLAR not allow that since I have not completed that pre-requisite?

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-10-2011 at 11:38 AM   #2
R633

Liked: 24 Times

You will be allowed to take courses that have Geography 1HA3 as a prerequisite in second term as long as you successfully complete it in first term.

ayalew29 says thanks to R633 for this post.
Old 06-10-2011 at 03:30 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayalew29 View Post
Alright so I was given a bunch of transfer credits to Mac, problem is I didn't get the important first year course (GEOG 1HA3) that is needed as a pre-req for pretty much any other upper level course in Geography.
So i'm wondering when I register on SOLAR, can i choose that first year course in Term 1 and have all the other 2nd year courses (that need that pre-req) in Term 2? or will SOLAR not allow that since I have not completed that pre-requisite?

Thanks for any help!
It should be fine as long as you take Geo 1HA3 in the term before your upper year Geo classes. If you want, you could contact the Registrar's office just to be 120% certain .
Old 06-10-2011 at 07:07 PM   #4
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Why not take it for second semester in summer?
Old 06-10-2011 at 07:21 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

You will definately be able to select the term 2 courses on SOLAR before term 2 - but I don't know if you will be able to select it this summer.
To be safe, you can go to an academic advisor. They will put a waiver on your name, so when you select courses on SOLAR, it will allow you to choose term 2 courses that you don't have the prereq for yet.

ayalew29 says thanks to Kathy2 for this post.