MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tutorials x0xalishax0x First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-20-2010 01:01 PM
different tutorials Jackxer0 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2010 12:05 PM
Tutorials Erika0909 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-17-2009 11:24 AM
Labs and Tutorials hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-30-2009 01:20 PM
tutorials shleyaa Academics 2 06-14-2008 10:43 AM

Tutorials?

Old 06-24-2008 at 10:45 PM   #1
sarahsc

Liked: 0 Times

Tutorials?
So I've figured out what I wanna take in the fall and have figured out the lecture times for the classes.

Do I have to select my tutorial times as well? or does the school do that for you?
Old 06-24-2008 at 10:55 PM   #2
hmac

What I've heard so far is SOLAR does it for you but you can switch it later if you need. There shouldn't be any conflicts , but if you didn't want to have class at a certain time you could switch. Hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2008 at 11:11 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I wouldn't be so sure about the tutorial switching thing as of yet.

Last year when we were allowed to choose our sections we could do it when we were choosing our courses...I have a feeling it may be the same as the system from the previous...well at least three years where we are put into a tutorial and are helpless to change it unless you get permission from the profs.

There isn't information on any of this anywhere, which is why I'm hesitant to say what everyone's options actually are.

At any rate, all students will find out at the same time (when our timetables are released in August).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-24-2008 at 11:11 PM   #4
smiley12

Don't worry about the tutorials/labs right now. You can't pick them until SOLAR reopens in August.
BTW, I had no trouble last year getting the tutorials/labs that I wanted.
Old 06-25-2008 at 08:28 AM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Sarah,
Lorend is right, things have changed a bit this year. Even if you cannot get into the tutorial that you really want you may be able to do something about it when classes start. If you're having a conflict with say school and work/volunteering, then talk to the prof and/or the TA and see what can be done about switching you around. Do it early in the year though before any marks are assigned otherwise you won't be able to switch.

Old 06-25-2008 at 08:35 AM   #6
smiley12

Sorry, guess my information is a little outdated.
Old 06-25-2008 at 09:02 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

smiley12, your info might not be outdated. We're just not sure, so I would avoid saying anything is. I would say it may be.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-25-2008 at 09:29 AM   #8
smiley12

Ok. My information may be a little outdated.
Old 06-25-2008 at 12:43 PM   #9
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Haha, smarty pants