MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
activating undergraduate email riks17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-29-2011 02:12 AM
anyone else get a weird email from UTS about your mac email account? darkstar General Discussion 19 01-16-2011 10:37 AM
Undergraduate Course Calendar Geek Academics 4 07-03-2010 07:43 PM
Mac places sixth in university rankings Email Story Email story PrintPrint Text Size Iamanonymous General Discussion 1 11-06-2009 09:42 AM
why can't i login to my undergraduate email? oDianao First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-16-2009 07:50 PM

Undergraduate Email

Old 07-07-2011 at 09:58 PM   #1
Con19

Liked: 4 Times

Undergraduate Email
I've activated my undergraduate email through mugsi and as a test i've tried to enter the mcmaster facebook network. The email to confirm was never sent to my inbox and as a second test my friend (who is in second year) sent me an email and it never went through. Can someone explain whats up? Thanks
Old 07-07-2011 at 09:59 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con19 View Post
I've activated my undergraduate email through mugsi and as a test i've tried to enter the mcmaster facebook network. The email to confirm was never sent to my inbox and as a second test my friend (who is in second year) sent me an email and it never went through. Can someone explain whats up? Thanks
Takes time, try again in like 48 hours.

Con19 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-07-2011 at 10:02 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

I have a better idea @ OP , first go to MUGSI and make sure you set your primary email as your hotmail/yahoo email not your [email protected].

Then go to facebook and try to get into the network and put the email as [email protected] NOT [email protected] aster.ca !! this will then send an email to your primary email set which is the hotmail or yahoo email.

Get it? I hope this helps.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

Con19 says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.
Old 07-07-2011 at 11:18 PM   #4
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

In my experience the email takes a while to start working, but it'll work by September for sure.

Con19 says thanks to Patrick.O for this post.
Old 07-07-2011 at 11:49 PM   #5
Con19

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
I have a better idea @ OP , first go to MUGSI and make sure you set your primary email as your hotmail/yahoo email not your [email protected].

Then go to facebook and try to get into the network and put the email as [email protected] NOT [email protected] aster.ca !! this will then send an email to your primary email set which is the hotmail or yahoo email.

Get it? I hope this helps.
I did exactly what you said and it worked perfectly, so thankyou

What i'm wondering now is why would [email protected] work but not the MUSS account?
Old 07-08-2011 at 12:04 AM   #6
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

You basically have 2 emails the one @mcmaster.ca which is activated once u are made a student and they will send news to it etc and you can switch the primary email so all emails sent to @mcmaster.ca would be forwarded. The only way to see any email sent to @mcmaster.ca is if you either forward it to a hotmail email or actually just check the MUSS email as it automatically forwards to the MUSS

And you also have the MUSS email which is the undergraduate email i believe and it takes a shit load of time to work and its very stupid. Profs want you to use MUSS email to email them.

Long story short you have 2 emails basically one u can access and one u cant ...

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-08-2011 at 12:07 AM   #7
Con19

Thanks so much! That was so much help