MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First/Upper year residence MacStudent1 Residence & Housing 2 08-05-2010 12:42 PM
Average for upper year students into residence AnnaWM Residence & Housing 10 06-12-2010 01:03 PM
Upper years in residence macbaby07 Residence & Housing 28 03-14-2010 01:05 PM
Upper year residence smiles Residence & Housing 14 11-22-2009 01:13 PM
Residence as an upper year student bigmac General Discussion 6 01-29-2009 10:35 PM

Upper year residence applications

Old 02-06-2011 at 09:54 PM   #16
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I just had a question about the washrooms in residence. I've seen that Hedden hall has two-three washrooms shared between every couple rooms. Woodstock's washrooms however, resemble those at the gym, with multiple showers and toilets in one place. I'm just wondering which type I should be expecting in other residence buildings.
Old 02-06-2011 at 10:20 PM   #17
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I just had a question about the washrooms in residence. I've seen that Hedden hall has two-three washrooms shared between every couple rooms. Woodstock's washrooms however, resemble those at the gym, with multiple showers and toilets in one place. I'm just wondering which type I should be expecting in other residence buildings.
It varies everywhere.
Old 02-06-2011 at 10:38 PM   #18
madhur7

Liked: 9 Times

hmm so far what i have found that living off campus is actually better, i get to class on time cuz i know that i have to leave early, whereas when i was on residence i got lazy and usually got to class a lil bit late, plus i feel you get really close with your housemate, which i consider is a good thing cuz usually upper year residence students get single roomes and it can often get lonely and unmotivating, whereas living with ppl you know, you tend to not feel lonely and also your housemates can motivate/push you to study. all my housemates are 3rd year students and we all got highest marks last semester compared to all other semester.. so i guess something's gotta give... but once again this was my experience.. i am sure some ppl have had bad experiences so i guess what you gotta think is what kind of ppl you are goign to be living and stuff

Last edited by madhur7 : 02-06-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-06-2011 at 11:04 PM   #19
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
you can check it out on the residence website:

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...buildings.html

it does vary, from what i know off hand

Woodstock: communal bathrooms (separate M/F obviously), with stalls and showers
Brandon: same as Woodstock
Moulton: same as Woodstock
Hedden: 2-3 single bathrooms amongst ~4 rooms
Les Prince: Bathrooms in the room
Keyes/Bates: Bathrooms in the room

the rest i'm really not sure, but you can check it out on the site!
Old 02-06-2011 at 11:09 PM   #20
AngusLee

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post

Yeahh, I took a look through each of them and the descriptions don't really specify whether they're communal or not :(. Can anyone speak from experience? hahah
Old 02-07-2011 at 12:33 AM   #21
Vic.And

Liked: 2 Times

McKay is like Hedden, Whidden is like Woodstock I believe
Old 02-07-2011 at 03:01 PM   #22
Chiaaa

Liked: Liked 2 Times

For residence applications, will they consider your mark after first semester, or your marks at the end of the year? Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding the Dean's List specifications...
Old 02-07-2011 at 05:01 PM   #23
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaaa View Post
For residence applications, will they consider your mark after first semester, or your marks at the end of the year? Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding the Dean's List specifications...
They consider your marks at the end of the year, including both first and second term.
Old 02-07-2011 at 08:58 PM   #24
AngusLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post

Ooooh, thanks for the info. Kinda wish more of the washrooms were in Hedden's style haha.
Old 02-10-2011 at 09:22 PM   #25
AngusLee

Which residence buildings have a single with washroom? Is it only Les Prince or does McKay also have that.
Old 02-10-2011 at 09:26 PM   #26
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusLee View Post
Which residence buildings have a single with washroom? Is it only Les Prince or does McKay also have that.
Les Prince is the only one with a lot of them, so you have a higher probability of getting in there. But most, if not all other buildings have a few singles with washrooms as well. For e.g. I remember Moulton had 3 +1 for the HA, so a total of 4 for the entire building
Old 02-12-2011 at 10:31 PM   #27
Angoose
Elite Member

Has anyone ever lived in the one bedroom two-person apartment at Mac? Is it basically just a double room with a kitchen and washroom? I hear Bates gets really roudy, though. I'm looking for a really quiet building. What should I be hoping for? haha
Old 02-13-2011 at 12:57 AM   #28
CAHopeful
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Has anyone ever lived in the one bedroom two-person apartment at Mac? Is it basically just a double room with a kitchen and washroom? I hear Bates gets really roudy, though. I'm looking for a really quiet building. What should I be hoping for? haha

I live in bates - typically, rooms are for four people. There are some six-person rooms, too. I would not be surprised if there are double/single, as well (idk). Yes, Bates can be a party residence. If you are looking for a quiet residence with a suite style - Mary Keyes is your best option, bro.

Now, only if you got to pick.
Old 02-13-2011 at 05:00 PM   #29
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHopeful View Post
I live in bates - typically, rooms are for four people. There are some six-person rooms, too. I would not be surprised if there are double/single, as well (idk). Yes, Bates can be a party residence. If you are looking for a quiet residence with a suite style - Mary Keyes is your best option, bro.

Now, only if you got to pick.
Yeah....Keyes would actually be the ideal place to go, except it's kind of far from Centro. Bistro food is kind of aurrgh, you know, aside from NeedaPita.