MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Info About Exam Deferrals, Urgent! Please Help :( MaraudeRower Academics 20 12-16-2013 09:24 AM
Urgent Course Question gunsnroses Academics 3 06-07-2013 05:58 PM
Quick Urgent Question gunsnroses Academics 1 06-06-2013 12:47 PM
Urgent GO Bus Question Desda General Discussion 6 10-19-2010 08:03 PM
Transcript Question (Urgent) CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-22-2010 10:22 AM

Urgent Exam Question

Old 12-17-2013 at 04:49 PM   #1
skk1

Liked: 3 Times

Urgent Exam Question
I have an exam on wed night, Thursday morning and Thursday night
I went to registar's office thinking I have conflict but they said no.
So I am not prepared for my Thursday night exam. Wondering how can I deferr it?
Old 12-17-2013 at 04:59 PM   #2
Craigolas

Liked: 0 Times

I'm pretty sure you have to write it..
Old 12-17-2013 at 05:14 PM   #3
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

That is a NOT a conflict.
Old 12-17-2013 at 05:19 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

thursday night exam is water im guessing. it takes like 8 hrs to learn fully.
Old 12-17-2013 at 05:22 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

a) not a conflict
b) if it *was* a conflict, you were supposed to have dealt with it long before now
c) write it.

Craigolas, Kudos, qwerty91 like this.
Old 12-17-2013 at 06:29 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

If your Thursday night exam happened in the afternoon (so you had wed night, thurs morning/afternoon) then this is a conflict as this is basically 3 consecutive times slots of exams. Otherwise I don't think it is a conflict
Old 12-17-2013 at 09:34 PM   #7
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by skk1 View Post
If the registrar said it'a not a conflict, they really mean it.
The only way you can miss that exam without penalty is by submitting a doctor's note.
But be very careful -- it might appear very suspicious if you write one but miss the other one on the same day.
If it's water then the exam is really easy so i recommend that you just write it
Old 12-19-2013 at 02:40 PM   #8
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by skk1 View Post
Tentative Exam timetables were released back in early November. The fact that you didnt schedule your time to plan for these two days is completely on you. No sympathy from me, and likewise im glad the registrar didnt show any either. Instead of looking for ways out of a completely reasonable situation, why not plan accordingly for it? Good luck failing your exam tonight

eullwm, starfish like this.
Old 12-19-2013 at 08:59 PM   #9
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Good luck failing your exam tonight
That was a bit uncalled for.

OP, it's okay, just learn a lesson from this.
For future reference, the main things that are considered conflicts are either having 2 exams scheduled at the exact same time, or 3 exams within a 24-hour period.
Hopefully you have better luck with the exam timetable next semester.

naval23 likes this.
Old 12-19-2013 at 10:25 PM   #10
YNWA
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Good luck failing your exam tonight
Easy there bud...easy...

naval23 likes this.
Old 12-19-2013 at 11:11 PM   #11
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Tentative Exam timetables were released back in early November. The fact that you didnt schedule your time to plan for these two days is completely on you. No sympathy from me, and likewise im glad the registrar didnt show any either. Instead of looking for ways out of a completely reasonable situation, why not plan accordingly for it? Good luck failing your exam tonight
Maybe OP did plan for those two days, but things just didn't fall into place, that's a tough situation to be in, and it wouldn't be easy to pull off for the majority of students.

And wishing OP good luck to fail their exam is a bit much, they just wanted to know whether they could defer it or not, the answer is no, no need to bring up a comment of OP failing his exam and being a douche about it.

To the OP: I believe that you can pass all of them, just try your best and do not be discouraged, best of luck!
Old 12-19-2013 at 11:21 PM   #12
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval23 View Post
Maybe OP did plan for those two days, but things just didn't fall into place, that's a tough situation to be in, and it wouldn't be easy to pull off for the majority of students.

And wishing OP good luck to fail their exam is a bit much, they just wanted to know whether they could defer it or not, the answer is no, no need to bring up a comment of OP failing his exam and being a douche about it.

To the OP: I believe that you can pass all of them, just try your best and do not be discouraged, best of luck!
To the OP: This poster has absolutely no clue what your work habits are, therefore they can not honestly believe that you will pass your exams. they are lying
Old 12-20-2013 at 02:23 AM   #13
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

To the OP: BenDover also has absolutely no clue what your work habits are, therefore they can not honestly believe you will fail your exams. They are lying.
Old 12-20-2013 at 07:15 AM   #14
BenDover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval23 View Post
To the OP: BenDover also has absolutely no clue what your work habits are, therefore they can not honestly believe you will fail your exams. They are lying.
Haha no, i just know that they are trying to defer an exam that they stated they are in no way prepared for.
BTW cute originality, i like what you did there recycling a joke, really funny the second time around...

Watoko likes this.
Old 12-20-2013 at 12:03 PM   #15
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Quote:
BTW cute originality, i like what you did there recycling a joke, really funny the second time around...
...I thought it was funny.
sucks being ganged up on, doesn't it?
Karma.