MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hi i have a simple mac id question harman911 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-30-2010 06:47 PM
Life's simple pleasures - what do you enjoy? Needlenose General Discussion 31 06-21-2010 03:55 PM
Its simple, really. Valentine's Day Mr. Pink General Discussion 3 02-14-2010 09:37 PM
Cheap, simple cameras? Kathy2 General Discussion 17 12-01-2009 02:15 PM
Simple questions regarding CA killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-14-2009 04:09 PM

very simple questions that enforce themselves :S

Old 06-27-2010 at 10:31 AM   #1
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

very simple questions that enforce themselves :S
Hello everyone!

I began registering my courses for Life Sci today, but I was confused when I wanted to do my timetable, it shows term 1 or term 2 and 1Day or 2D or sometimes 3D...what is that all about?? anyone mind explaining?? It is my first year guys so you have to execuse my ignorance

Also is it possible to take courses that have a "2" infront of the course code instead of a "1" but it is open to level I students??

All the best to Everyone
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:34 AM   #2
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

D is for day classes (in the area of 8:30-6:20), E is for evening classes (7:00-10:00). 3 is for a year-long course (September to April), 1 is for September to December, 2 is for January to April. And as long as you meet the prerequisites, I think you can. Most level 2 courses require you to be in your 2nd year, though, so I'm not sure if you'd have any luck. Give it a shot and see what SOLAR says.

Old 06-27-2010 at 10:41 AM   #3
optimism

Thanks for ur help eullwm, so for example Bio 1A03 would only be from september to december?? since it says one term?? Does that mean we have to distribute our 5 courses for 1 semester over two terms, if of course all of them are 1 term each??

Also, in the information section about my registration status and what not,
for Academic Load Status it says: Part Time...is that normal?? What does that mean anyway??

Sorry my questions branch off into more questions
Old 06-27-2010 at 11:20 AM   #4
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
Thanks for ur help eullwm, so for example Bio 1A03 would only be from september to december?? since it says one term?? Does that mean we have to distribute our 5 courses for 1 semester over two terms, if of course all of them are 1 term each??

Also, in the information section about my registration status and what not,
for Academic Load Status it says: Part Time...is that normal?? What does that mean anyway??

Sorry my questions branch off into more questions
A semester is the same as a term. 1st term = 1st semester, 2nd term = 2nd semester, etc.

Part time means that you don't have the necessary number of units (the last number in a course code; ie. Bio 1A03 = 3 units) to be Full Time. It means you need to register for more courses, and if I'm reading what you said right, you're trying to fit 5 courses across 2 terms. That's definitely going into part time status. You should have a listing of the courses you need to taken given to you, so just register all those and it should settle away the Part Time issue.

Bio 1A03 1D would be daytime from September to December; Bio 1A03 2D would be daytime from January to April. It's a two term course, so choose where you want to have it more. Same goes for any other courses that give you the option of 1st or 2nd term.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-28-2010 at 01:39 PM   #5
optimism

Thank you sooooo much eullwm, you are very helpful