MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Share something awesome that happened to you! PTGregD General Discussion 205 11-15-2011 10:06 PM
Guy Friends/Girl Friends lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 101 10-18-2010 09:01 PM
Share Your Hilarious Youtube Videos! lawleypop Computers & Tech 65 05-09-2010 08:55 AM
Share Your Hilarious Youtube Videos!! temara.brown General Discussion 324 10-15-2009 06:32 PM
Share Your Photos of the World Alvand General Discussion 22 07-17-2009 09:36 PM

I want to share a room with three of my friends

Old 05-12-2009 at 10:02 PM   #1
Rail24

Liked: 0 Times

I want to share a room with three of my friends
I did some searching around and I'm pretty sure that this is impossible, but I just wanted to get some feedback on it.

We'd prefer a suite style room but apparently these are reserved for upper-year students?

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-12-2009 at 10:33 PM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

they are not reserved for upper years.

you should call/email the res people (housing services, or whoever)
a few years ago you could list extra roomates, but they have been making changes to the application process so you might not be allowed to anymore.
Old 05-13-2009 at 06:38 AM   #3
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

If you were really really intent on this, you may want to look into off campus housing!
Old 05-13-2009 at 07:36 AM   #4
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

There were these girls who lived on my floor in a quad who had all requested each other. The said that they talked to housing and conference about it.

The residence applications have changed a lot since last year so I am not sure if you can still do it, but definately get in contact with housing and conference to see if you can all live together.
Old 05-13-2009 at 11:01 AM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
If you were really really intent on this, you may want to look into off campus housing!
I agree, it works out to be a lot cheaper for all of you than if you were to live on res.
Old 05-13-2009 at 08:28 PM   #6
Rail24

Liked: 0 Times

I'm not too worried about costs and I realize that suites are about 1.5 thousand more than double rooms.
Old 05-14-2009 at 07:37 AM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

If you're entering first year though keep in mind that first year should be spent on meeting new people. Having 3 other friends in the same room will likely limit the people you meet. In addition, I've heard far more horror stories about friends living together than good stories. Living with someone is entirely different than hanging out with them on the weekend.
Old 05-14-2009 at 04:46 PM   #8
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

I actually asked this question at [email protected] Basically, you stick whoever's name in the spot on the application form, then ALL THREE of you have to e-mail the residence people, basically saying you, Person A, want to room with Person B AND Person C.