MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course Reviews MTK3 Academics 5 08-29-2010 10:41 PM
course reviews gladmam General Discussion 13 08-10-2009 08:11 AM
Please Add Course Reviews lorend MacInsiders Announcements 5 06-20-2009 12:49 PM
Course Reviews! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-07-2008 03:52 PM

Welcome Day 2009 Reviews

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:24 PM   #16
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

haha, yay
Im glad that everyone had a good time.
haha does anyone know how to become one of those orange "SOCS" jumpsuit wearing people?
I know you have to be an upper year student, but.. how do you do that?!
Looks like SO much fun.
they were SOO nice. came up to me and my friends like 5 times asking if we were finding everything okay, etc.
Love it.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:25 PM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Waiiiiittt.. Are you on first floor?! I think I saw you! Haha, 122? Cuz the other guy in my group he went into that room, and met his roommate which I'm guessing.. was you?! haha, that's so awesome!

I did the Thode tour as well, it was pretty awesome! Can't wait till the construction is done though!
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:26 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Agreeeed! They were everywhere too! So whenever I got stuck, they were SOOO helpful!
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:27 PM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

There are always more SOCS reps (around 100 vs about 50 Maroons [but only Maroons WW reps...the number of Maroons during the school year is much greater]), it's just the way it is...

You can find more information on becoming a WW Rep (for any organization) throughout the year as you get involved with the organization. Each one has a different deadline and application process.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:31 PM   #20
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
haha does anyone know how to become one of those orange "SOCS" jumpsuit wearing people?
They have info sessions on how to become welcome week reps during the school year (toward the end of 2nd sem. I think).

xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to syaseen for this post.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:37 PM   #21
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Waiiiiittt.. Are you on first floor?! I think I saw you! Haha, 122? Cuz the other guy in my group he went into that room, and met his roommate which I'm guessing.. was you?! haha, that's so awesome!

I did the Thode tour as well, it was pretty awesome! Can't wait till the construction is done though!
HAHA omg... that was you! I totally should've just yelled out SARA!!!!!! I was the short chinese kid in a tie, wow... ok that completely sounded nerdy That would've been awesome. It's so weird... we were so close yet so far! Yup, 122, come visit me in Moulton! What room are you?
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:39 PM   #22
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

haha, thats so coool, you almost met eachother in person!!
lucky. wish I was living in rez >.<
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:42 PM   #23
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucif3x View Post
HAHA omg... that was you! I totally should've just yelled out SARA!!!!!! I was the short chinese kid in a tie, wow... ok that completely sounded nerdy That would've been awesome. It's so weird... we were so close yet so far! Yup, 122, come visit me in Moulton! What room are you?
Ahh! I knew that would happen! I was looking around the whole day, tryna see if I could recognize someone from MI. with a 6th sense I guess ? Failed . But OMG, that was SO close! Did you have fun seeing your room! I'm on 4th floor (414)! Not too far!

PS_ we should really have the MI meeting soon!
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:43 PM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
haha, thats so coool, you almost met eachother in person!!
lucky. wish I was living in rez >.<
Think about it this way, most people end up living off campus anyway, in second year or later!
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:45 PM   #25
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Think about it this way, most people end up living off campus anyway, in second year or later!
not sure if I did the whole quoting thing right...
but yeah, I guess thats true,
most people move outta rez after first year.
but you get to meet more peoplee and stuffffff
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:49 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to live in residence in first year because it's easier to meet people. But you can still meet people if you live off-campus, you just have to make an effort.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:49 PM   #27
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
To be honest, that's true. But, what I learned at Welcome Day and on MI, is that if you wanna get to know people you will. Just by being involved! Join a club or two (or more! ) and you'll meet tons of people in no time! I'm counting on that more than residence, simply because these people will have similar interests as you, while your residence neighbours are less likely to have that.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:52 PM   #28
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Lmao, yeah thats what I plan on doingg, to make up for not meeting people in rez >.<
join a bunch of clubs.
and a few of my friends are in different facultiess, so they can introduce me to their frirends and vice versa, etc etc.

should be alright.
Its like grade 9 all over again haha except everyone is a LOT more mature.
no initiation..?
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:58 PM   #29
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Yeah, that's so true. I never get why people are afraid of not making friend in university. There are SO MANY MORE people in university. Plus McMaster is just FILLED with super friendly, helpful and nice people! (MacInsiders being a perfect example of this) There's bound to be at least one or two that share some interest with you. As long as you make a little effort and not be a hermit hiding under your sheets with all the lights turned off, you'll definitely make friends. Just joining some clubs or simply being in the same faculty you already have discovered a treasure trove of people with similar interests and talents as you nothing to worry about. You'll definitely make friends even living off campus.

*returns to hiding under sheets with lights turned off* HAHAHA
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-07-2009 at 11:00 PM   #30
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

hahaa, thats awesome. xD
good job hypocrite, lmao.

I LOVE your name, btw.