MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome week merc67 General Discussion 2 08-23-2010 03:55 PM
Welcome Week Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 53 08-19-2010 10:58 AM
Welcome Week Rep Help Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 4 02-18-2010 11:25 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome Week

Old 06-19-2008 at 09:22 PM   #31
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Ternip!!!!! <3
Old 06-19-2008 at 09:55 PM   #32
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

You need to come again next year just so we can be reunited again! I loved them so much! It was so much fun! They're the reason why I keep saying I want balloons, haha! <3
Old 06-20-2008 at 02:26 AM   #33
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Let me guess... mcmasTER and NIPissing = ternip? lol

Old 06-20-2008 at 09:24 AM   #34
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Haha! Yeah! You're good! I totally had to have someone explain to me why it was ternip, haha!
Old 06-30-2008
Chad
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-19-2008 at 12:49 AM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

All posts about the MacPass have been moved to the MacPass 2008 Discussion Thread.

This thread is meant to be for dicussion on welcome week events. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2008 at 09:15 PM   #36
luckduck

Liked: 0 Times

So, I'm pretty excited for Welcome Week, it sounds like a blast. But what I'm wondering is what bands can I expect to see at the concerts? Its not like a secret is it? haha. Also, I was wondering what the "Amazing Race" event is?
Old 07-27-2008 at 09:20 PM   #37
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

The bands won't be announced until after August 5th..

The amazing race is something to replace the IKEA trip.. some sort of thing that'll take you around hamilton. It's new this year!
Old 07-27-2008 at 09:35 PM   #38
Gallaj

Liked: 0 Times

The Amazing Race, as Temara said, is a new event for this upcoming Welcome Week! Based on past Welcome Week evaluations, students have indicated that they want to learn more about both the McMaster Campus and the Hamilton community; this event will provide everyone with just that! It will be an exact (or at least as exact as possibly) reflection of the hit tv show BUT McMaster style! You will complete tasks with individuals from your residence, and follow "Route Info." that will take you around campus, and throughout Hamilton. I wish I could participate!
Old 07-27-2008 at 11:31 PM   #39
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
The amazing race is something to replace the IKEA trip..
Really? They got rid of the IKEA trip this year? That's unfortunate. It was so useful as a rep/CA to tell students something like "don't worry, if you forgot something/want to decorate your room we're going on the IKEA trip in a few days" :p (plus I just have a secret love for IKEA...)
Old 07-27-2008 at 11:44 PM   #40
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippi View Post
Really? They got rid of the IKEA trip this year? That's unfortunate. It was so useful as a rep/CA to tell students something like "don't worry, if you forgot something/want to decorate your room we're going on the IKEA trip in a few days" :p (plus I just have a secret love for IKEA...)

Apparently IKEA dropped the deal because they weren't making enough. Buying a laundry hamper doesn't really compare to buying a bed or something like it. And since they provided the buses plus free gifts I can kinda see why they backed out... although I agree, it sucks because I love the IKEA trip.

Old 07-28-2008 at 10:42 AM   #41
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

Maybe then they should have a SOCs Ikea trip- because some SOCS actually need to get beds and desks and things.

(just actually wants a free busride to IKEA)

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 07-28-2008 at 11:28 AM   #42
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Well, it makes sense if they weren't receiving enough of a return on their investment (i.e., the free buses). Originally they actually didn't provide them, though - Mac paid for them as just another WW event. It was only in my 2nd or 3rd year (so like 2002 or 2003) when they offered to do it, and do the free gifts and such (which we thought was pretty awesome). I guess, in theory, Mac could go back to paying for them at some point, but once something like that has been written out of the budget for several years, it may be hard to bring it back.
Old 07-28-2008 at 01:40 PM   #43
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Kelsey, suggest it to SOCS and maybe it'll happen!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-28-2008 at 02:40 PM   #44
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Kelsey isn't on SOCS though, you probably have more contacts in SOCS, she's SCICO. I'll mention it to some people that I know but I don't know how much they can do at this point.