MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weird Wecome Week question!!!! luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 09-07-2010 08:04 AM
Welcome week question DarthFuzzy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 09-01-2010 09:08 PM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome Week Question

Old 09-06-2009 at 08:16 PM   #1
Erika0909

Liked: 0 Times

Welcome Week Question
Alright so I'm commuting from Mississauga to Welcome Week and it isn't all that easy. I was just curious though, is there a certain time we need to be there for events or can we just show up? For example, I want to go to the Faculty Day on Tuesday but I believe the schedual says it starts at 8:30am. Is it possible to go a little later to join in or do you have to be there for that specific time?
Old 09-06-2009 at 08:18 PM   #2
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika0909 View Post
Alright so I'm commuting from Mississauga to Welcome Week and it isn't all that easy. I was just curious though, is there a certain time we need to be there for events or can we just show up? For example, I want to go to the Faculty Day on Tuesday but I believe the schedual says it starts at 8:30am. Is it possible to go a little later to join in or do you have to be there for that specific time?
Yo can go later to faculty day or pretty much anything during WW but youll miss out on alot.
Old 09-06-2009 at 08:26 PM   #3
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

you can come wenever... because the events are there the whole time. just try to get there asap, because ull be confused wen they're cheering and going crazy. lol.

hope u have an awesome welcome week... im def loving it!
Old 09-06-2009 at 08:30 PM   #4
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika0909 View Post
You can show up anytime, although I recommend being there at 8:30 if you can... it's worth it!
Old 09-06-2009 at 09:22 PM   #5
Erika0909

Liked: 0 Times

Alright thanks!
I wasnt planning on going really late, just being like an hour later so I could avoid driving during rush hour.

Thanks though!
Old 09-06-2009 at 09:28 PM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

You could always hop on the Go Bus at Square One and get right to Mac. It's like $7.35 I think between SQ1 and Mac. Saves on gas and you could avoid traffic. Plus it takes the 407 so its fast. Probably like 25-30 minutes from SQ1.

They have one that gets to Mac at 8:20, not sure what exact time it leaves SQ1 though. It's called the 47A though if you were at all interested.
Old 09-06-2009 at 09:37 PM   #7
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Tommorrow, is labour day so GO transit runs on holiday schedule. You can take the GO train it comes earlier. GO buses run from square one startin at 1:07 pm for holiday schedule which is tommorrow.
Old 09-08-2009
daiven2009
This message has been removed by a moderator. .