MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weird Wecome Week question!!!! luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 09-07-2010 08:04 AM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Welcome Week Question Erika0909 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-06-2009 09:37 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome week question

Old 09-01-2010 at 11:34 AM   #1
DarthFuzzy

Liked: 7 Times

Welcome week question
1)K how does the whole moving in thing work out? Do I go first to my res. building unload the stuff and then park, or do I park first?
2) Next question, where would I get my Room keys (I'm in Matthews)? Also is it a good idea to come home every weekend or would it interfere with my work, because I was hoping back to Scarborough a lot?
3) What about food, when do I get my meal card (cause Im not planning on bringing any food for the week)?
4)And lastly as an engineering student, what is going to happen when someone sees the fireball on my car?
Old 09-01-2010 at 11:39 AM   #2
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

Frank Believes
1. You pull up to Mac, and people will guide your car to your residence. Welcome week reps (thats me!) will move all your stuff (non fragile / expensive) to your room. You will then be directed to the nearest available parking.

2. To get your key, I believe you'll have to go to Mary Keyes, or under commons (now called centro?). I forgot where Mathew's is on campus, but there will be tons of people there to let you know where to go. A good tip, get your key while your parents find parking.

3. Your student card is your meal card. You should already have received it in the mail.

4. You get an extra special welcome
I forgot to put mine in my windshield and have been regretting it ever since. Don't be like me!
Old 09-01-2010 at 11:47 AM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFuzzy View Post
4)And lastly as an engineering student, what is going to happen when someone sees the fireball on my car?
You pretty much get raped.

lux likes this.
Old 09-01-2010 at 11:50 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

2. It's in Keyes.
Old 09-01-2010 at 11:54 AM   #5
DarthFuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post
4. You get an extra special welcome
I forgot to put mine in my windshield and have been regretting it ever since. Don't be like me!
Dude common i need details
Old 09-01-2010 at 12:07 PM   #6
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

Frank Believes
Just have the paper on your windshield and you'll find out in 3 or 4 days..

P.S.

THREE OR FOUR FLIPPIN' DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

GET EXCITED!
Old 09-01-2010 at 12:17 PM   #7
DarthFuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post
Just have the paper on your windshield and you'll find out in 3 or 4 days..

P.S.

THREE OR FOUR FLIPPIN' DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

GET EXCITED!
DUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDEEEEEEEE IMMMMMMM SOOOOOOOOOOO REAAAAADYYYYYYYYYYY

micadjems likes this.
Old 09-01-2010 at 12:35 PM   #8
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Engineers are so weird

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 09-01-2010 at 07:57 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

For if it's a good idea to go home every weekend, it depends whether or not you can work at home. For me, if I go home it's to see my family, and I almost always get less work done than when I'm here, so I don't go home that often if I have work to do (which is pretty much every weekend )

If you can get work done easily at home without your fam distracting you/wanting you to do stuff with them, then the biggest problem would be the commute--it's expensive and time-consuming. It's up to you though. I know some people who went home every weekend or almost every weekend, and they were fine
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:03 PM   #10
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
For if it's a good idea to go home every weekend, it depends whether or not you can work at home. For me, if I go home it's to see my family, and I almost always get less work done than when I'm here, so I don't go home that often if I have work to do (which is pretty much every weekend )

If you can get work done easily at home without your fam distracting you/wanting you to do stuff with them, then the biggest problem would be the commute--it's expensive and time-consuming. It's up to you though. I know some people who went home every weekend or almost every weekend, and they were fine
ehhh....

I would personally not recommend going home for at least the first 2 weeks. You lived with your parents for 17+ years im sure you can manage some time away from them. The reason I say that is because in the first couple of weeks it will give you the opportunity to meet people in your residence and people generally form friendships quickly.
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:17 PM   #11
adam1001

Liked: 0 Times

quick question, i didnt want to start a whole new thread. Thursday night is faculty night, but it just happens to be the first day of class and i have an evening course :s....can i still participate after class? Better yet, is it a requirement to go to class on this day?
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:23 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
quick question, i didnt want to start a whole new thread. Thursday night is faculty night, but it just happens to be the first day of class and i have an evening course :s....can i still participate after class? Better yet, is it a requirement to go to class on this day?
You will want to go to your evening class. It's a 2-3 hour class which means it covers the entire week not just 1 day. You will most likely start learning the material in your evening class.
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:25 PM   #13
Jaff24

Liked: 11 Times

wait what fireball...
Old 09-01-2010 at 08:31 PM   #14
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaff24 View Post
wait what fireball...
a ball of fire... literally