MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOCS: West Village Suites leasee question!! bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-14-2010 06:08 PM
West Village Suites - Fall 2010 pavlov Residence & Housing 0 07-30-2010 11:05 AM
West Village Suites - don't live here JackBauer133 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 05-12-2010 10:56 PM
west village suites information needed! sparkypea Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 11 02-06-2010 09:02 PM

West Village Suites...

Old 07-29-2009 at 09:29 PM   #16
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Oh, so you technically still have to clean. Unless you don't have a problem with using a washroom that's cleaned every 2 weeks o.O

But 70$ for all that is still a really good price. I'm pretty sure internet and cable already runs past that.
Yeah, that does sound like a pretty insane deal.
Old 07-29-2009 at 10:04 PM   #17
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Oh, so you technically still have to clean. Unless you don't have a problem with using a washroom that's cleaned every 2 weeks o.O.
Well you only share your washroom with 1 or 2 other people so after 2 weeks its really not that bad.

Old 08-11-2009 at 07:25 PM   #18
Woopdeedoo

Liked: 0 Times

I mean, you can pay $570 a month (for the cheapest room) or $350-400 a month for a bigger house, more freedom, and one that is almost certainly closer.

And if you paying almost $600 a month, you may as well live on residence.
Old 08-11-2009 at 07:37 PM   #19
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by moops View Post
It's not a 30 minute walk. I don't know of anyone that takes 30 minutes to walk to campus. It takes about 15 minutes max. to get from the suites to the student center.

Also yes, the bus only drops you off near the hospital but a lot of people have classes near there so its not a big deal and it reduces bus traffic on campus which is good.
Agreed. I live just up the street from the student condo and it's a 15 minute walk.

The bus isn't an issue either.
Old 08-11-2009 at 07:38 PM   #20
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Everything is subjective...you pay 350-400 a month to potentially live with people you don't want to live with...the more people in your house, the more distractions there are. Heck I'd pay the extra 150-200 a month just for peace and quiet.

(As for me, I still don't have a place to live S: Getting a little stressed about it, if I'm desperate I guess I'll be moving into a bachelor apartment and say screw you to my friend lol)
Old 08-11-2009 at 07:43 PM   #21
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
(As for me, I still don't have a place to live S: Getting a little stressed about it, if I'm desperate I guess I'll be moving into a bachelor apartment and say screw you to my friend lol)
I don't have a place yet either. Don't stress too much. I've moved into a few different apartments over the years, and I've found that even at the last minute, there's always something decent out there.

Mowicz says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 08-14-2009
Pale Jar
This message has been removed by a moderator. .