lol no

srsly no
Old 11-15-2010 at 06:59 PM   #62
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
how is the reception/text receiving speed for wind? I didnt go for wind since it was still developing, plus phones are ridic expensive
Much better than it was when I was with Bell, but that's not saying much considering how bad Bell's delay was. As far as I can tell the delay is only a couple of seconds.

The phones aren't that bad- standard pricing, you just aren't getting it subsidized. The Huawei 8100 is a great phone for the price, but it doesn't compare well against some of the higher end smart phones.

They also just started a new offer where they'll basically let you put the phone on a tab (up to $150, you have to pay the rest), and then they'll take 10% off the original phone's price each month. So it's pretty much a free phone if you stay with them for 10 months (and you got a phone under $150).
Old 11-18-2010 at 09:41 PM   #63
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Nokia E71 (purchased a brand new unlocked phone independently of any carrier)

Chatr $45 plan:
Unlimited calling to ANY Canadian number as long as I'm anywhere from Hamilton to Oshawa (this is key)
Unlimited texting INCLUDING to the US (the US texting is key)
Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting

Basically Chatr was the best suit amongst the new 'unlimited' carriers for me, since I wanted to keep my awesome GSM phone. Otherwise Wind and an AWS BB Bold 9700 probably would have been the front runner. Before this I used to be on Fido Prepaid and spent $20 a month. I got the unlimited texting option (deducts $0.50 a day) and never really called anyone.
Old 11-18-2010 at 11:35 PM   #64
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Chatr
unlocked iPhone 3G
$45
unlimited long distance calling
unlimited us/canada text
caller id
three way calling
voicemail
mcmaster wifi (H)
home zone of
mississauga, hamilton, GTA and brampton and stuff
montreal, vancouver, calgary, edmonton
Old 11-19-2010 at 11:57 AM   #65
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

The only thing I don't like about ChatR is that it doesn't have any data plans right now :( As soon as it does, that's when I'll switch