MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Engineering!!! mfattal General Discussion 12 09-19-2010 10:58 PM
More important matters. Matt Wright General Discussion 105 08-26-2009 09:38 PM
Important Questions! p4lyfe12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-22-2009 02:45 PM
Important Dates Nino General Discussion 72 08-03-2009 11:13 PM
Presentations, group assignments in classes? HELP blairwoods General Discussion 20 05-27-2009 09:34 PM

Which Presentations Are Most Important?

Old 07-03-2008 at 08:37 PM   #1
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times

Which Presentations Are Most Important?
Hullo.

So I went to the Easy Summer Orientation session today, and the Academic Advising session.

The Orientation was very cool, and very helpful. I took a TON of notes on it.............. Think I may have been the only one doing so, but oh well.

Probably could have missed the Advising Session, I think.... It was just a video I could have watched online, and computer lab time which I wasn't ready for, though it was cool to see the Mac lab and the funky under-glass computers.

But apparently I'm not done with presentations yet. I also have a little invite card for a presentation in London (closer to where I live) called Mission to Mac, and there's also the matter of Welcome Day. Does anyone know what these will cover at all? I don't really want to make the half hour drive into London just to find out its a repeat of the orientation or advising session and drive all the way back, and Welcome Day is even farther away...

Any hints? Is Welcome Day worth the four hours of driving and half a tank of gas, or can I swap it out for Welcome Week? And is Mission to Mac any different from the easy orientation?

Any available pointers are helpful.

For other people: While the advising session was not particularly important to me, if you're signed up, it wouldn't be too bad to go, because there were a few add-ons of information at the end. And you can meet people, which is important. Already made a friend at Orientation.
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:32 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I'm glad you enjoyed the ESO Program!!

In terms of Welcome Day...you should come!! It's the day where you really get to see what Mac has to offer: services, a few clubs, the residences (so you'll get to see a room or two in the residence you'll be living in, as well as meet the upper year staff who will be living there with you), the eateries, the faculty societies...and there are opportunities to get free stuff! YAY! Also, there are lots of sessions going on that day, based on academics, finances, First Gen, athletics...more that I can't remember right now...

In terms of Mission to Mac...I've been in contact with one of the Coordinators, Dane, and have asked him to supply information to MacInsiders. So check back soon!!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-04-2008 at 08:19 AM   #3
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Yeah, ESO was great =) As soon as I dig the email address out of the huge pile of papers I brought home, I'm emailing my new friend.

Well, I guess the clubs and societies have swayed my favour.... (and the free stuff, of course. Already got a free T-shirt at the ESO =D Way too big, but makes for very comfy PJ's) Looks like I'm making another trip east on August 8th!

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-04-2008 at 08:23 AM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

There's this great thing about Mac that they give away t-shirts like they're candy. I have a buttload of giant comfy t-shirts with Mac stuff on them

Old 07-04-2008 at 09:26 AM   #5
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Mission to Mac is basically when upper years and such come to whichever city is closest to you (in your case, London) and give you the low down on Mac life, from a students perspective. It's cool cause they talk about what it's REALLYYY like to Mac -- therefore, they'll tell you the positive and negative things. I forget if it's free or not, but it's similiar to the first-year experience articles that MacInsiders will be positng each week this summer.
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:38 AM   #6
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Pretty sure its free... I don't remember it saying anything on the invite, anyway, and I'm pretty sure it would have.

Hmmm....... May or may not go in that case. I suppose it'll come down to what I'm doing that day and how ambitious I'm feeling. Thanks for the info!