MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Of Business (DeGroote School of Business) Chad Academics 58 09-12-2011 10:53 AM
Kinesiology Co-op Bee9 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-06-2011 04:13 PM
Kinesiology I UH2010 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 12-31-2010 03:01 PM
Software/Hardware/Business/Music Guys - want to help start a business? benjs Volunteering Opportunities 2 12-11-2010 09:05 PM
Kinesiology hello395 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-17-2008 05:02 PM

Which programs is better business or kinesiology?

Old 05-26-2012 at 08:46 PM   #1
Sadi

Which programs is better business or kinesiology?
could any of you tell me which program is easy and fun? I have been accepted to both (business and Kinesiology) but can't decide which offer to accept? I have friends in business program and they were telling me not to take business. If someone could tell me a little about both faculties, that would be great thanks
Old 05-26-2012 at 09:01 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadi View Post
could any of you tell me which program is easy and fun? I have been accepted to both (business and Kinesiology) but can't decide which offer to accept? I have friends in business program and they were telling me not to take business. If someone could tell me a little about both faculties, that would be great thanks
They're two really different programs, you can't really compare them. It depends what you like and what you would like to do with your degree.

britb, jim1 like this.
Old 05-26-2012 at 09:52 PM   #3
Commie85071
Account Locked

Liked: 26 Times

if fun is a factor, please for the love of god stay away from Commerce.

Cliu91, icecubz like this.
Old 05-26-2012 at 10:40 PM   #4
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Yeah it's really up to you these programs are vastly different, one deals with human anatomy and musculoskeletal system and the other deals with, well, commerce. Pick one.
Old 05-27-2012 at 12:06 AM   #5
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Do what YOU want, not what other people say is good!
Old 05-27-2012 at 12:16 AM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

When you study something you enjoy, you will always be motivated to work hard, because you wanna know more and more about that course(s).

It's similar to eating your favourite dessert >>> because it tastes so darn good, you will keep eating from it until you finish it
This is similar to your situation, because when you study something you enjoy, you will keep working hard until graduation !
Old 05-27-2012 at 12:21 AM   #7
Thinker

Liked: 2 Times

I would say if you want to have fun in your 4 years of university then go with Kinesiology, but if you want to make good money and have fun for the rest of your life then go with Business. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-27-2012 at 12:39 AM   #8
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

I once heard this 2 ppl in Kin on the Go bus, talkin about watching TV shows on getting home, and they were up to date with whole range of shows.
Watchin TV is last thing I can think about when you have test and 3 assignments due in one week.

Plus i have a friend in Kin, and she says its pretty soft. But what Thinker said is true.

Good luck making ur choice.
Old 05-27-2012 at 01:37 AM   #9
amare

Liked: 22 Times

I hate it when people go into commerce because its "easy" and they think they will automatically do well. Go into something you like to do in your life. This is a decision that will affect you arguably for the rest of your life. Dont just go into something because of the money or because of job opportunities. I assure if you do it for those reasons, you will regret it later on. Take a step back and think, are you interested in one of the broad subjects of: HR, Accounting, Finance, Management, Information Systems or Marketing. If the answer is no to all 6, dont go into commerce.
Old 05-27-2012 at 04:35 AM   #10
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Do you want to learn about the human body? Kin
Do you want to figure out how the business world works? Comm
Old 05-27-2012 at 06:31 PM   #11
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie85071 View Post
if fun is a factor, please for the love of god stay away from Commerce.
My friends in commerce mostly have no classes before 2pm and party like 4 times a week <_<
Old 05-27-2012 at 06:54 PM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Others have pretty much covered the whole go with your preference and what you enjoy thing, especially with 2 programs in 2 very different faculties. But also consider where you see yourself in 5 years. Do you want to work in the corporate world or are you more science-inclined and prefer being a kinesiologist/going into OT/PT (occupational/physical therapy)? Another minor factor you can look at is class size. Kin classes are mostly exclusive to kin students, so classes are generally small (~200 students entering each year) vs business classes which are bigger (not too sure about class size, but definitely >200)