MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hi i have a simple mac id question harman911 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-30-2010 06:47 PM
very simple questions that enforce themselves :S optimism First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-28-2010 01:39 PM
Its simple, really. Valentine's Day Mr. Pink General Discussion 3 02-14-2010 09:37 PM
Cheap, simple cameras? Kathy2 General Discussion 17 12-01-2009 02:15 PM
Simple questions regarding CA killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-14-2009 04:09 PM

Why are men simple-minded?

Old 06-17-2011 at 07:19 PM   #1
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

Why are men simple-minded?
Girls keep say that. It seems like bad thing to be 'simple-minded' when it comes to dating or talking to them. Open the flood gate. why are we all so simple?

EDIT: also, girls calling them 'simple', is it other way of saying that the guy is 'dumb'?

Last edited by gongshow : 06-17-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:23 PM   #2
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

LOOOOOOOOOLLLL ^

I think this probably just has to do with the fact that us girls have a tendency to OVER-ANALYZE the *expletive* out of things

plus girls have a penchant for mind games .... and guys seem to be lacking in the ability to pick up on the subtlety of feminine HINTING ....

just my guess?

kousharee, paperplanes like this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:27 PM   #3
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Not sure if trolling... but here's my honest response: simple = good! I can't stand people who over-analyze and get mad over about petty, insignificant ####.

Keep in mind that not all girls are like that (and likewise, not all guys are "simple")

Edit in response to OP's edit: I interpret 'simple' to mean straightforward, not playing mind games, not over-analyzing, just taking things at face value.. I don't know, haha.

Last edited by marcie : 06-17-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:29 PM   #4
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Being "simple minded" isn't really a gender based trait. She probably wants you to back off. My advice find another girl.

icecubz, spyridm, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:32 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I agree with the post above about men not being simple-minded so much as women over-thinking everything. I think we all do it to some extent, however, women tend to over-analyze just about EVERYTHING. I'm guilty myself, I always think of different possibilities, what could've been, etc.

Honestly, I think it's just jealousy, I would love to just take everything simply for once, but we make out lives more difficult instead DX

spyridm likes this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:34 PM   #6
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

As a man, I'd have to say the main reason is *O LOOK A NEW EMAIL*

What were we talking about again?

Old 06-17-2011 at 07:34 PM   #7
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post

Honestly, I think it's just jealousy, I would love to just take everything simply for once, but we make out lives more difficult instead DX
SO TRUE. LMAO

i cannot recount how many times I have thought to myself "Sometimes I wish I was a dude, so I could learn to just not care about *insert random dramz*"

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:39 PM   #8
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

Whenever my gf and I fight over something, it's something she brings up to me. (fact im simple) And I don't know what to say. I think it's something she will have to deal with. i won't become sophisticated at any time soon and plus I like taking things simple and less seriously. Life is already complicating enough. But I do want to know what she means though. Is it because she feels like there should be more in our interaction but there isn't? or it gets too predictable?
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:43 PM   #9
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Is this the same gf that was upset when you were shortening conversations while you were studying?

Desda, RyanC like this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 07:45 PM   #10
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

typically it becomes difficult for both males/females to end relationships. My suggestion you dump her before she dumps you.
Old 06-17-2011 at 08:15 PM   #11
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I think when girls say guys are simple, they mean that men, for the most part, tend to see things in black and white and will not consider the shades of grey unless they are presented to them.

Women, on the other hand, will consider all possibilities.

Neither trait is a negative thing, and although it's the basis for many (petty) arguments, it also creates a nice balance. HOWEVER, the balance will only happen if both individuals of opposite mindsets are mature enough to handle each other's attitudes in an adult and responsible manner.

I feel like I belong on prime-time television.
Old 06-17-2011 at 08:29 PM   #12
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

whay are men simple minded? welll why are women so complicated

...?!, icecubz, J. Dorey like this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 08:51 PM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
Girls keep say that. It seems like bad thing to be 'simple-minded' when it comes to dating or talking to them. Open the flood gate. why are we all so simple?

EDIT: also, girls calling them 'simple', is it other way of saying that the guy is 'dumb'?
Its a defense mechanism to compensate for the fact they don't have anything better to say.
Intelligence is very loosely correlated with factors relating to growth (height, etc), which is something men are, in comparison to women in general.

Chevalier likes this.
Old 06-17-2011 at 11:29 PM   #14
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Women that do over-analyze do so b/c they are insecure about almost EVERY aspect of their life (pointing out that not all women are like this), how I know this? Im an insecure guy and have seen the difference first hand between me and my bros.
Old 06-17-2011 at 11:52 PM   #15
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

I have come to a conclusion that women are more complicated after two conversations earlier this year:

Me: How did you find the math final
Girl: It was soo hard, I want to passs
Me: *thinks to myself: yes, it was hard*
Girl: OMG, I just hope I pass

Shortly after, I talked to another dude who sat next to me:

Me: How was the math test bro?
Guy: it was pretty hard but I think I got this one down
Me: yeah same
Guy: we will see bro

2 weeks later and we get our test mark back. Turned out the guy and the girl both aced the exam.

Over the course of time, I noticed this pattern: many girls think that they failed an exam while many guys think otherwise. It bothers me slightly when girls try to emotionally self-talk this way (and making things more complicated than it should be) in order to make things somewhat easier to cope with. But who am I kidding, I ended up getting a lower grade than both of them.

Biochem47 likes this.