MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hi i have a simple mac id question harman911 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-30-2010 06:47 PM
very simple questions that enforce themselves :S optimism First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-28-2010 01:39 PM
Its simple, really. Valentine's Day Mr. Pink General Discussion 3 02-14-2010 09:37 PM
Cheap, simple cameras? Kathy2 General Discussion 17 12-01-2009 02:15 PM
Simple questions regarding CA killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-14-2009 04:09 PM

Why are men simple-minded?

Old 06-18-2011 at 12:28 AM   #16
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
I have come to a conclusion that women are more complicated after two conversations earlier this year:

Me: How did you find the math final
Girl: It was soo hard, I want to passs
Me: *thinks to myself: yes, it was hard*
Girl: OMG, I just hope I pass

Shortly after, I talked to another dude who sat next to me:

Me: How was the math test bro?
Guy: it was pretty hard but I think I got this one down
Me: yeah same
Guy: we will see bro

2 weeks later and we get our test mark back. Turned out the guy and the girl both aced the exam.

Over the course of time, I noticed this pattern: many girls think that they failed an exam while many guys think otherwise. It bothers me slightly when girls try to emotionally self-talk this way (and making things more complicated than it should be) in order to make things somewhat easier to cope with. But who am I kidding, I ended up getting a lower grade than both of them.
That's not completely true. lol
I have anecdotal evidence proving otherwise. For example, I always say I fail.
Old 06-18-2011 at 12:43 AM   #17
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
You must be asian? haha jk.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 06-18-2011 at 09:30 AM   #18
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
stop being that guy, please.

Old 06-18-2011 at 10:40 AM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyridm View Post
SO TRUE. LMAO

i cannot recount how many times I have thought to myself "Sometimes I wish I was a dude, so I could learn to just not care about *insert random dramz*"
Right, because not being psychotic is dependent on being a guy.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Afzal likes this.
Old 06-18-2011 at 01:05 PM   #20
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

If this thread was titled "Why are women simple-minded?" it would be deleted by now and you would have been banned. Double standards ftl.

...?!, Afzal, J. Dorey, MiniDragon like this.
Old 06-18-2011 at 01:10 PM   #21
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
stop being that guy, please.
Hey, it's sometimes true.
Old 06-19-2011 at 09:47 AM   #22
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

But women are so much more complicated than men. I think the hardest thing about men is that they don't talk or tell you about their emotions, so women have to guess and maybe that's why we overthink things. If men just let you know what they're thinking, things would be so much easier. However, I will say that men are often much more straight up thatn women; they'll tell you like it is while women will say something but what we mean is something entirely different! This is just a generalization, of course. Not all women are like that, and not all men are like that either.
Old 06-19-2011 at 09:58 AM   #23
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
But women are so much more complicated than men. I think the hardest thing about men is that they don't talk or tell you about their emotions, so women have to guess and maybe that's why we overthink things. If men just let you know what they're thinking, things would be so much easier. However, I will say that men are often much more straight up thatn women; they'll tell you like it is while women will say something but what we mean is something entirely different! This is just a generalization, of course. Not all women are like that, and not all men are like that either.

I agree!
Old 06-19-2011 at 10:15 AM   #24
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
Being "simple minded" isn't really a gender based trait.
Agreed. I've never heard this "stereotype" about guys.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 06-22-2011 at 12:18 AM   #25
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

men and women are coooool
Old 06-22-2011 at 12:27 AM   #26
andrewk512

Liked: 0 Times

I'd call a female who generalizes guys like that shallow.
Old 06-22-2011 at 12:38 AM   #27
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewk512 View Post
I'd call a female who generalizes guys like that shallow.
Not really, there are some people who have been hurt by bluntness of their bf/spouse.

And you are going into health sci? Hmmmmmm.
Old 06-22-2011 at 07:35 AM   #28
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
In my mind at least, not everything *is* emotional. Most of the time, I'm not even thinking of my emotions or what my outward emotions may be interpreted as. I just... *am* (?). So in that way, my emotions, for a large percentage of life, are irrelevant :p Then again, I am one of the most laid back people I can think of. I can't even think of a time I've actually been truly angry or sad in about a year at least!

But yes, if we finally start to talk about our emotions we will be straight up. I don't play the subtlety card. If it gets to a point where I'm even talking about my feelings, clearly I want to so what the hell is the point in pussyfooting around the issues? lol. I would say that the only time we'd hold something back is if we're afraid it'll land us in the doghouse, LOL
Old 06-22-2011 at 09:00 PM   #29
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

I can attest that this is false propaganda. This is not true at all. I am a guy and I wish I could think simple.

:(
Old 06-22-2011 at 09:24 PM   #30
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
I can attest that this is false propaganda. This is not true at all. I am a guy and I wish I could think simple.

:(
You're not fooling anyone.