MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will you upgrade to Windows 8? Alexmahone Computers & Tech 15 06-25-2012 10:53 AM
Mac or Windows? Alexmahone Computers & Tech 29 06-24-2012 09:48 PM
New Windows 8 Logo.... Chad Computers & Tech 24 02-19-2012 01:29 AM
Mac vs Windows Jeger First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 07-20-2010 02:39 PM

Windows 8 Review?

Old 04-20-2013 at 07:01 PM   #16
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I think Windows 8 is a mischievous Apple ploy to get Microsoft users to switch over to Macs... lets hope the service pack that cometh makes things better.
Why would you switch to Mac? Is it harder to just install start button addon? It takes 1 minute, and will save you 2 grand. I mean besides the missing start button, there's not that much difference between Win 7 and Win 8.

Just get it here. There's an option to just install the start button: http://www.classicshell.net/

Allan says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.
Old 04-20-2013 at 09:02 PM   #17
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Thanks for all the replies. Really helpful.

I don't see the need to upgrade to Windows 8 on my current laptop and will just wait until I get a touchscreen laptop. My biggest disappoint so far is that I barely see any touchscreen laptops on the market right now. And the ones out there have mid-level performance specs.

I would've expected the majority of laptops to have touchscreens by now with the release of Windows 8, but that just hasn't been the case. I'm not sure if Microsoft or the hardware manufacturers are to blame. Hopefully this will change by the end of the year.
Old 04-20-2013 at 09:26 PM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Looks like Microsoft is bringing back the start button and letting you skip the Metro skin completely in the next Windows update.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-wind...op-7000014075/
Old 04-20-2013 at 10:47 PM   #19
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Looks like Microsoft is bringing back the start button and letting you skip the Metro skin completely in the next Windows update.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-wind...op-7000014075/
They have been talking about this for a while so I am glad it's finally going to happen soon. I never understood why they refused to listen to people requesting this feature, even though windows 8 has had awful sales
Old 04-21-2013 at 02:39 AM   #20
Homeschooling

Liked: 0 Times

According to me I cannot stand windows 8 for anything at all, so I say windows 7 is better achievement of Microsoft than window 8. Just keep on using it.