MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless G/Wireless N ?? Melanieee Computers & Tech 10 09-02-2010 04:48 PM
Wireless Issues? blackdragon Computers & Tech 0 07-05-2010 12:16 PM
Changes to MacConnect Wireless mdd1 MacInsiders Announcements 13 05-26-2010 02:56 PM
More wireless at Thode! KristaG General Discussion 20 11-18-2009 06:21 PM
DC++ in the wireless network? Ownaginatios General Discussion 7 12-01-2008 10:22 PM

Wireless Notebook mouses

Old 08-19-2009 at 05:42 PM   #1
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

Wireless Notebook mouses
I like to have a wireless notebook mouse for my computer, because I hate the touch pads. My old one just broke, and I bought this new Microsoft one for $30.00. Well it sucks. It has to be so close to the USB thing to work, its ridiculous. I'm going to take it back.

So, an anyone recommend a really really good wireless notebook mouse, preferably at a reasonable price? I like to be able to use it from a distance. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:07 PM   #2
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Does your computer have bluetooth built in because if you do you can get a mouse without a usb adaptor.
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:15 PM   #3
hellonewyork

If you have bluetooth built in, I recommend the Mighty Mouse from Apple. It's so sleek, and yes there is left and right click for PC users. However, it's a little pricey ($69)
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:17 PM   #4
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

there's left and right click for mac users as well, you just have to set it to have both.

Old 08-19-2009 at 06:17 PM   #5
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

I use a Logitech VX Nano for my laptop. I haven't had any problems with it so far. The receiver is really small and the mouse is pretty portable. It might be on the pricier side though.

Old 08-19-2009 at 06:18 PM   #6
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

I have a logitech mouse that I use. It has a nano usb adaptor which is really small and you can leave in. I have no complaints about the mouse and I've been using it since last Christmas. I'm able to use it across my room. I believe it was around $60.
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:19 PM   #7
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevennn View Post
I use a Logitech VX Nano for my laptop. I haven't had any problems with it so far. The receiver is really small and the mouse is pretty portable. It might be on the pricier side though.
Posted at the same time! Pretty sure we have the same mouse
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:34 PM   #8
Haller

Liked: 0 Times

The Logitech is solid. Don't get a Mighty Mouse, they're really bad...
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:36 PM   #9
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen_360 View Post
Does your computer have bluetooth built in because if you do you can get a mouse without a usb adaptor.
I just looked it up and on the LG website it says my computer does. So do you have to buy a special mouse or something to use it? How DO you use it? I'm not a techie!
Old 08-19-2009 at 06:48 PM   #10
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_batt View Post
I just looked it up and on the LG website it says my computer does. So do you have to buy a special mouse or something to use it? How DO you use it? I'm not a techie!
You have to get a special mouse. The mouse has to be bluetooth enabled. As for using it the mouse should come with instruction on how to connect to your laptop. The logitech V470 is one of these mouses.

katie_batt says thanks to syaseen for this post.
Old 08-19-2009 at 07:14 PM   #11
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

I have a logitech VX Revolution, got it last november. It uses nano usb but it works like a charm. Never had any problems with it, its pretty solid. You should go logitech for a new mouse.
Old 08-19-2009 at 07:32 PM   #12
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

You should use a normal mouse that connects with a USB port. its what im using with my laptop. dont have to worry about batteries or connection issues, range issues. Just a pesky wire that may or may not get in the way.
Old 08-19-2009 at 07:39 PM   #13
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_batt View Post
If you're asking how to set it up, here's instructions for Windows Vista and XP.
Old 08-19-2009 at 08:18 PM   #14
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonewyork View Post
If you have bluetooth built in, I recommend the Mighty Mouse from Apple. It's so sleek, and yes there is left and right click for PC users. However, it's a little pricey ($69)
I'd advise against the mighty mouse. It's received really bad reviews and is actually one of the few things apple really didn't do so well on.

Old 08-19-2009 at 08:24 PM   #15
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Go Logitech.

I bought a wireless microsoft mouse last summer, and it gave ALOT of trouble. the reciever stopped working properly, and signal sucked.

I got this new mouse and keyboard wireless combo from TD the other day for 46$

Such an awesome buy! But overall, go for a logitech mouse. I can be like 2 rooms over, or a different floor, and the keyboard STILL gets signal!

katie_batt says thanks to blackdragon for this post.