MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
How does summer school work? CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-05-2010 10:05 PM
Federal Government Selling CANDU Reactor Division Taunton Politics 10 12-20-2009 05:12 PM
MacWork / McMaster Summer Work Program Application Questions. Kurt_ General Discussion 4 03-02-2009 02:07 PM
Summer Work Program Chad Jobs & Employment Tips 4 06-04-2008 10:26 PM
Summer Work Info Session Chad General Discussion 5 02-03-2008 10:59 AM

Work with the Federal Government this Summer

20 Summer Internship Opportunities In The Public Sector!

Federal Public Service Leadership Development InternshipInterested in a career involving leadership? Learn more about this unique opportunity being offered to McMaster and Waterloo students only! Join Dr. Peter George and Omer Boudreu, as they speak about the importance of building the next generation of federal public service leaders.

Public Service Leadership: Leaders Building Leaders
Dr. Peter George, President & Vice-Chancellor, McMaster University
Omer Boudreau, VP of Human Relations, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Diana Denton, Director, Communication, Leadership and Social Innovation, University of Waterloo
Peter Smith, Associate Vice-President Academic, McMaster University

Tuesday, March 16th, 12:00 – 1:30
Council Chambers, Gilmour Hall 111 – 1st floor

Celebration Reception following announcement!

ferreinm, Nosh all say thanks to pedlark for this post.

ferreinm likes this.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-15-2010 at 10:15 AM   #2
oliveig

Liked: 0 Times
Attend the Information Session on the 16th of March
The Federal Government wants to hire 20 McMaster students to work during the summer in their Federal Leadership Development Internship Program.

This program is a collaboration between the Federal Government, McMaster University and the University of Waterloo.

Don't miss this opportunity, the odds are in your favour.

Attend the session on the 16th of March 2010, to get more information on this great summer work opportunity.

Students attending will be eligible to win a $100 Titles gift certificate.

Old 03-15-2010 at 11:11 AM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
I signed up for this event. It's gonna be amazing!!! Besides Peter George is gonna be there; what more could you ask for?

Old 03-15-2010 at 11:16 AM   #4
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
do I completely miss the opportunity to get a job in this program if I do not attend this info session? The only reason why I am asking is because it cuts into class time and I have a test tomorrow :(

Old 03-15-2010 at 12:12 PM   #5
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
do I completely miss the opportunity to get a job in this program if I do not attend this info session? The only reason why I am asking is because it cuts into class time and I have a test tomorrow :(

I don't think so because its posted on Oscar under internships if you want to take a look at the application process.

**jewel 03** says thanks to jo87 for this post.

Old 03-15-2010 at 12:29 PM   #6
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
I looked on Oscar under internships and couldn't find it...all I found was Bell Canada, Mac jobs and a few other places but none about this :S

Old 03-15-2010 at 12:44 PM   #7
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
I looked on Oscar under internships and couldn't find it...all I found was Bell Canada, Mac jobs and a few other places but none about this :S

Try typing federal in the keyword search under job search. It's like the third thing on the list. Are you an Honours student going into 4th year, because thats who its targeted to so if you're not then you may not be able to see it.

Old 03-15-2010 at 01:04 PM   #8
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
It's under events then look up the date March 16th and it's there.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search