MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I take another year of school if I wanted? pogy Academics 3 03-07-2011 05:12 AM
Summer school before 1st Year TeleKey Academics 5 06-15-2010 07:24 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
First Year Council "Working Survey" Wiki/Edit it, Open invitation! huzaifa47 Academics 0 04-27-2009 06:38 PM
Summer School, 2nd Year Commerce dhillon11 Academics 4 04-11-2009 08:32 AM

Working during school year

Old 07-08-2011 at 05:13 AM   #16
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
More advice:

This is your first job, correct? If you plan on quitting like that, do not tell anybody EVER no matter how "close" you think you get to your co-workers.

Boys, girls, and especially the middle-aged crabby menopausal women LOVE to gossip, especially in minimum wage positions. These people are miserable and will get off on making you miserable too.

Don't give anybody a reason to talk about you. Mind your ps and qs, get in and get your work done and leave.

My last summer iob, this 17 year old ginger spread the rumor that I had sex in the basement of the grocery store we were working at. When I reported it, he had a "talking to" by his mother (HR person). She then proceeded to make my life a ****ing hellhole. Needless to say I quit that. No amount of money is worth that garbage.

I'm not trying to scare you, but odds are you'll hate your first job and every subsequent job until you get a real one.

And even then people still love to gossip.
LOL

12char.
Old 07-08-2011 at 05:23 AM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
LOL

12char.
Yea, harassment in the workplace is hilarious.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-08-2011 at 07:17 AM   #18
Sevan

Liked: 28 Times

There are specific jobs available to students living on campus through OSCAR. So if you decide quitting your job is the best option, which I'd say is a good idea because the travel time takes up a lot of time itself, you can apply for jobs on campus. For example, working as a cashier at Centro, or working in guest registration at night for students living in residence (this job actually only requires you to work Thursday-Saturday nights) Hope this helps!

Christ says thanks to Sevan for this post.