My Learnlink isn't working! HELP pat2010 Academics 4 03-31-2010 12:02 AM
Key Card Not Working! robots Les Prince Forum 4 03-01-2010 05:11 PM
OSAP and Working at McMaster Chimmy General Discussion 4 07-30-2009 09:43 AM

Working at McMaster

Old 08-11-2008 at 06:42 PM   #61
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

i dont' think that it is listed anywhere on the residence housing site. you will get it the day you move in when you get your mail box key.
Old 08-11-2008 at 06:52 PM   #62
lilpups

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva C View Post
i dont' think that it is listed anywhere on the residence housing site. you will get it the day you move in when you get your mail box key.

ooh reali..
okie..soo if we are asked for the address.. we jus say our residence and the room number ...
allrite fo example..
Hedden Hall 345
McMaster University
1280 Main St W
Hamilton, ON
den the postal code

ya??
Old 08-11-2008 at 07:08 PM   #63
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

for now, b/c that's the only info you have. that is what i would put. but once you know your mailbox number, you should put it back in all your information b/c they will need it to know (also easier for housing ppl and i think its better w/ it ). But definately, even w/ room number and phone extension, i'm sure the housing people can still find a way to help track you down and your mailbox number to put your mail in the right place.

lilpups says thanks to Eva C for this post.
Old 08-19-2008 at 02:38 PM   #64
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

what would be the postal code for hedden hall?..because it looks like each of the bldgs. have their own PC's..

..ooh never mind i just got the postal code: L8S4M6
..nyways thanx..

Last edited by Minnie : 08-19-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2008 at 02:41 PM   #65
Richa

also..with the work study program..there was this application form i printed off..but where exactly do i hand that in in order to get approved for it?
..it asks something about employer..so does it mean i only hand this in after i apply for the job and get selected?
Old 08-19-2008 at 04:00 PM   #66
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

If it's the form that I think you're talking about then that's the McWork form that you hand in to your employer when you get hired. If it's the application form (which shouldn't have anything about employer I don't think) then that needs to go to the Financial Aid office.
Keep in mind that if you're approved for OSAP then you automatically get the McWork approval and don't have to apply.

Old 08-19-2008 at 05:24 PM   #67
Richa

well i am approved for osap already..and this form says "2008 FALL/WINTER WORK-STUDY APPROVAL FORM"
so am i already approved then or do i sent it to the financial aids office??..and what exactly is McWork?..does it suggest all jobs following under the category of on campus jobs?
Old 08-20-2008 at 08:32 AM   #68
snobrdnchik

I have been trying for days to Log into OSCAR and it won't let me. I have emailed the Career Services but I have not heard back yet...
Old 08-20-2008 at 09:11 AM   #69
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Try calling, with the summer hours who knows whether or not they're checking that regularly. Plus I know their office is in shambles do to construction right now so I'd just call.

Old 08-20-2008 at 02:27 PM   #70
Sceuchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdnchik View Post
I have been trying for days to Log into OSCAR and it won't let me. I have emailed the Career Services but I have not heard back yet...
I'm having the same problem too...I emailed them last week, Aug 12th and this was the reply I got...
"Hi, we are uploading files from the registrars office every Wednesday,
it could be that you haven't been uploaded into our OSCAR database.
Please keep trying..."
If you do get more news from them pls let me know too...thx...
Old 08-20-2008 at 02:59 PM   #71
nikki12

Hi,
I am a permannent resident of Canada and I was wondering do we need to fill any other application form to get to work on campus besides the SIN number?I am not on OSAP.
Old 08-20-2008 at 09:00 PM   #72
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Part-Time Jobs Available at University Advancement

Gain valuable skills such as:
  • Communication skills
  • Problem solving skills
  • Networking skills
Some fun facts:
- The University Advancement department raises $41 Million a year for scholarships, bursaries, student seminars, the libraries and other student oriented needs?
- McMaster was founded thanks to the generosity of Senator William McMaster and his wife, Susan Moulton.
- Your tuition does not cover the full cost of your education, 30% of your tuition is covered from external support, from alumni and private and corporate donors

Job Information

Starting Pay - $10

SHIFTS: (3.5 hrs each)
Monday to Thursday 6:00 to 9:30pm;
Saturday 12pm to 3:30pm.

HOURS: Minimum of 2 shifts per week (7 hours total)
Maximum of 6 shifts per week (21 hours total)

WHAT YOU NEED:
Flawless spoken English; People Skills; Gift of the Gab
JOB DESCRIPTION – DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT

As a Development Assistant you will play a dual role as public relations officer and fundraiser. The position will provide you with a plethora of skills such as, communication, networking, time management, and problem solving.

You duties will require you to fundraise for McMaster University, and instil McMaster’s vision in supporting the pursuit of knowledge to our alumni. The other major facets of the Development Assistant position are Public relations and relationship building. For example alumni may want to hear about your experiences at McMaster, and what you plan on doing post graduation. Or they would like to tell you of an experience they have had during their time at MAC.

To be successful, you will need to strike a balance between fundraising and relationship building and always leave our alumni with a sense of goodwill and pride in their alma mater irrespective of the outcome of the phone call.

Interested? Call Natraj at (905) 525-9140 x24617

...this is where I work! It's a good place...
Old 08-21-2008 at 01:38 PM   #73
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Although not at McMaster (or technically affiliated with it), McMaster Sports on Main Street is hiring!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-17-2008 at 10:15 PM   #74
nikki12

Hi
Hi,
I wanted to ask what type of clothes are we supposed to wear for the interview for a part time job?Is it formals or any thing will do?

Thanks in Advance