MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
res internet macbaby07 General Discussion 22 01-19-2011 09:27 AM
Internet on res Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 09-04-2010 04:53 PM
Internet Cap Allan Residence & Housing 28 11-22-2008 05:03 PM
Internet in Res Ruggedman Residence & Housing 40 09-25-2008 11:45 PM

A World without Internet

Old 03-30-2011 at 12:24 AM   #16
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Wait, why's that weird? ..I still write directions on paper and carry it with me.

And yeah..we didn't have internet until I was 12, and it was dial-up. We didn't get internet that actually let you do anything until I was like..15 I think?
I think the only stuff I used it for was guitar tabs and pr0n. But I didn't understand that cyber police didn't exist, so when it said "over 18" I generally got scared they'd come find me ,so I was super wary the first few years. 0_0

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-30-2011 at 01:28 AM   #17
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Lets experience the world without Internet? Why not say, lets experience the world without modern day toilet?

Or even modern day toilet paper! Yes, lets all use a
bidet instead

The amount of benefits the Internet has brought to our generation is immense. Countries are even trying to declare it as a basic human right. The toilet can't even generate enough interests to have that label. Sucker!

Its our human instinct to try to be unique (from a fitness perspective). But you can achieve the same result by taking my suggestion.

"You don't believe in wiping? My gosh! Marry me!"
Old 03-30-2011 at 04:09 AM   #18
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

It's impossible to live without the internet, me thinks, even though I'd like to. LOVE to, in fact. I remember, till the end of tenth grade, we used to have a limit of internet time...like, 2-3 hours everyday. So yeah...good times. I can't drag myself away from not using it...and since it's used for assignments and stuff...procrastinati on...which is bad... :(
Old 03-30-2011 at 04:29 AM   #19
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
One of the weirdest things I've seen recently is this one scene in Goldfinger. In this scene Bond asks for directions on how to get to the girl's house, and if I remember correctly he writes it down in a little pad of paper. Sounds sorta stupid to say out loud, but that is peculiar in this day and age lol
The weirdest thing I've seen in a Bond movie is Connery choking a woman with her bra. By unsnapping and removing it, he forces her to cover her bare bosoms as he chokes her for questioning!

Mikob11 likes this.
Old 03-30-2011 at 04:52 AM   #20
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
The weirdest thing I've seen in a Bond movie is Connery choking a woman with her bra. By unsnapping and removing it, he forces her to cover her bare bosoms as he chokes her for questioning!
What a breathtaking scene.
Old 03-30-2011 at 07:26 AM   #21
JLG 15

Liked: 0 Times

My family has had an internet connection since I was 4. So I have always had the internet. But I do know how to live without it for 2 months, its called summer camp (back before phones could go online).
Old 03-30-2011 at 09:15 AM   #22
Moson Mo

Liked: 1 Time

wow, I saw QQ on the map. The map is actually scaled. It is a world map of Internet
Old 05-03-2011 at 09:45 AM   #23
lawdp

Liked: 1 Time

Honestly I don't think I would be able to live without Internet for a year. We've all been so dependent on it. :S
Old 05-03-2011 at 09:56 PM   #24
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

i'm not sure if i should post this cuz i tend to get blasted on here about my age... but i grew up without internet. i think the biggest convenience for me is instant access to information. doing homework used to involve LOOOONNNNGGGG hours at the library, flipping through card catalogues trying to find books that were remotely relevant, and then scan-reading pages and pages trying to find something you could actually use, writing it all out by hand...

of course, i didn't know i was missing it because it didn't exist.

as far as the rest... imo, things like email and txting take way less effort than picking up a phone and having a conversation or writing out a letter because of it now being instantaneous and not really mattering too much if the person on the other end is available - but i actually wouldn't mind if i had to do it that way again.

maybe it's just because i know what it's like without, but for me it would be okay if a lot of it was gone... i feel my life is "noisier" than it used to be and that it's hard to get away from it at times.
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:55 AM   #25
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Unplug from the Matrix??? NEVER!!!!
Old 05-18-2011 at 02:00 AM   #26
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

A world without internet would be cool but how would we see our grades?

It would be a torture checking the mailbox every day to see your grade report show up.
Old 05-20-2011 at 08:19 PM   #27
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

This topic/discussion wouldn't exist, lol.
Old 05-20-2011 at 08:39 PM   #28
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
This topic/discussion wouldn't exist, lol.
Hahaha very true. xD
Old 05-20-2011 at 08:49 PM   #29
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkarina View Post
Yeah I don't think my house had Internet til I was about 13 but even then I didn't use it all that much. Partly because facebook and all these other procrastinating sites weren't around, I was involved in quite a few extra-curricular activities and I had to share our one computer with my siblings and my parents. It's seems like nowadays people have more than one computer at home and in some families kids have their own computers/laptops/iPods so they can more easily waste all their time online.
Same with me. Maybe I'm old (23) but internet/computers weren't part of my daily life until grade 12/university. Everyone had it in highschool, but it didn't consume our lives like it does now. I feel bad for kids who don't get to experience the childhood that I got to experience, because they spend so much time on the internet.
Old 05-20-2011 at 11:29 PM   #30
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

With the internet, I don't feel like I'm living life to the fullest...