MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best/worst res MacStudent1 Residence & Housing 12 08-23-2010 02:00 PM
What was the KingQueen thing Iamanonymous General Discussion 20 02-11-2010 09:40 PM
What is the #1 thing you need right now? Rossclot General Discussion 94 02-04-2010 09:25 AM
Worst gift you've gotten.. ~*Sara*~ Dating & Relationships 30 12-24-2009 03:23 PM
For the Clubfest thing Goce Academics 5 09-03-2008 05:25 PM

Worst thing you did to someone?

Old 09-17-2010 at 03:51 PM   #46
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
- Sudo basically equates to "please" in English. The computer will do whatever you say after saying sudo (this usually prompts you enter the system password)

- rm means "remove", "-R" means recursively (remove folders too basically), therefore rm -R means "remove everything in this folder including subfolders".

- '/' represents the place where I want this action to start. '/' is the root of the system (all your files/folders are basically a tree that starts here).

Therefore, the commands DELETES ****ING EVERYTHING!!! LOLOLOLOL
Every file on his computer?

You're an ******* if you did that, poor guy probably lost all his uni work.
Old 09-17-2010 at 03:56 PM   #47
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post

That is unbelievably cruel. Not only did you just delete all hi work, and some people have worked WEEKS on assignments, but also any family pic they have or anything that is of great importance.
Old 09-17-2010 at 03:57 PM   #48
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post

Meh, its just a Mac user

Afzal, bloodywarz, Joey like this.
Old 09-17-2010 at 04:06 PM   #49
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Meh, its just a Mac user
Obviously we are on a different level of human beings.
Old 09-17-2010 at 04:16 PM   #50
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
That is unbelievably cruel. Not only did you just delete all hi work, and some people have worked WEEKS on assignments, but also any family pic they have or anything that is of great importance.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. (The security flaws of Mac OS X being the game btw)

Afzal, Equinox like this.
Old 09-17-2010 at 04:27 PM   #51
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Don't hate the player, hate the game. (The security flaws of Mac OS X being the game btw)
Entering a command that reformats the hard drive is not a security flaw. You didn't enter it into his terminal, he did it himself. Similarly on windows based computers format c:\ in the command prompt accomplishes the same operation.
Old 09-17-2010 at 04:41 PM   #52
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Entering a command that reformats the hard drive is not a security flaw. You didn't enter it into his terminal, he did it himself. Similarly on windows based computers format c:\ in the command prompt accomplishes the same operation.
No, it's not reformatting the harddrive, it's deleting everything. Reformatting destroys the file system.

Also, you cannot run 'format c:\' on a drive in use.
Old 09-17-2010 at 04:47 PM   #53
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Old 09-17-2010 at 05:42 PM   #54
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
- Sudo basically equates to "please" in English. The computer will do whatever you say after saying sudo (this usually prompts you enter the system password)

- rm means "remove", "-R" means recursively (remove folders too basically), therefore rm -R means "remove everything in this folder including subfolders".

- '/' represents the place where I want this action to start. '/' is the root of the system (all your files/folders are basically a tree that starts here).

Therefore, the commands DELETES ****ING EVERYTHING!!! LOLOLOLOL
ROFL your a funny man XD but still kinda taking in too far but i still blame him for listening to a total stranger and just doing something he totally didn't even understand so he really is to blame not you. (still ur a dick )
Old 09-17-2010 at 06:00 PM   #55
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
ROFL your a funny man XD but still kinda taking in too far but i still blame him for listening to a total stranger and just doing something he totally didn't even understand so he really is to blame not you. (still ur a dick )
No, he should be able to listen to a stranger. I mean, okay "don't talk to strangers" (that's what we're doing here, we're going against everythng our parents taught us...) but I don't know, it just seems like when you put a question like that out the person who answers it should be honest.
Old 09-17-2010 at 06:07 PM   #56
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Well, to be fair, the guy wasn't a McMaster student. I remember his IP indicated he was somewhere in the UK, and had only come to the DC++ server because he thought "machub" meant a server for people on macs.
Old 09-17-2010 at 06:44 PM   #57
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
No, he should be able to listen to a stranger. I mean, okay "don't talk to strangers" (that's what we're doing here, we're going against everythng our parents taught us...) but I don't know, it just seems like when you put a question like that out the person who answers it should be honest.
yea you have a point... but umm i guess he learned a "valuable lesson" didnt he he's lucky at least oqnaginatios didnt pull sum crazy shyt and make the guy blow up his computer :p

Quote:
Well, to be fair, the guy wasn't a McMaster student. I remember his IP indicated he was somewhere in the UK, and had only come to the DC++ server because he thought "machub" meant a server for people on macs.
ohh.. i guess thatz not too bad maybe it was just sum kid who had a lot of **** on his computer.... in which case you did his family a favor
Old 09-17-2010 at 07:29 PM   #58
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
So because he doesn't go to Mac, he's fair game to do whatever you want to? Not fair. He's still a person.
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:52 PM   #59
mich4el

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
So because he doesn't go to Mac, he's fair game to do whatever you want to? Not fair. He's still a person.
umadbro
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:59 PM   #60
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

A looooooooong time ago, I dissed a girl for a year and put my hands around her throat. Tightly. She eventually got back at me by dumping hot coffee on me. I totally deserved it, but she didn't have to ruin my Hollister sweater. :(

Last edited by Entropy : 09-17-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Deegs14, Marlowe like this.