MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will i be kicked out? manap3000 Academics 10 04-30-2010 07:20 PM
Will I get kicked out? don.999 Academics 11 09-02-2009 06:20 AM
Getting kicked out of residence ppppp Residence & Housing 43 08-19-2009 02:37 PM
Am I gonna get kicked out II yoyoman Academics 4 05-31-2009 12:52 PM
Am I Going to Get Kicked Out of Mac?? please help hablagen Academics 34 05-30-2009 05:15 PM

wrongfully kicked out?

Old 09-22-2010 at 09:57 PM   #1
doesitmatter

Liked: 0 Times

wrongfully kicked out?
I finished my first year of Nursing with a 4.0 CA, the requirements to stay in the program are 3.5.

My advisor informed me that I had not done well enough in 2 nursing courses and a health sciences class, therefore I was removed from the program. I have since looked into the requirements for staying in the program (but repeating failed courses) and all you need is a GPA of 3.5 there are no other specific requirements.

I have contacted the dean but have yet to recieve a response. what else can i do about this?

- i have transfered to soc sci in the mean time
Old 09-22-2010 at 10:10 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

maybe it meant u needed 3.5 in teh courses reqd for your program.. not including electives?

but i would talk to an academic advisor.. again
Old 09-22-2010 at 10:28 PM   #3
doesitmatter

Liked: 0 Times

Continuation in the Program

Students are reviewed at the end of each term. To continue in the B.Sc.N. Program a student must obtain a CA of at least 3.5. A student whose CA is at least 3.0 may, at the discretion of the Coordinator of Studies in consultation with the program Reviewing Committee, proceed in the program and will be placed on program probation. A student may be placed on program probation only once during the program.