MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Positions: Scotia Global Risk Management Hiring For Summer! Alison MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-08-2010 03:04 PM
HSR Summer passes for Summer Students? aviaf General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 03:52 AM

What are you doing during the summer?

Old 03-30-2010 at 08:59 PM   #76
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Just a quick FYI:
Opinions can be wrong, saying something is your opinion does not instantly make it a justified statement.

ex. In my opinion, the world is flat.

That's just not true, and saying that it's my opinion doesn't make it so.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

The average new Credit Card starts with a limit anywhere from $500-$1000. Someone our age could take out two simultaneous credit cards and still only barely have the money needed for one of the many trips you listed. Even if you include personal savings. The friends I have that are paying for all or part of University themselves rarely have more than $2000 saved. I have university payed for by my parents and I barely have over $5000 saved, making it sound like the average student has access to an easy $2000 that they would have to pay back with interest is just unrealistic for anyone paying for any significant part of their university education, and highly unlikely for anyone our age in general.
While I agree with the logic behind the statement I phrase it differently because I see it differently.
An opinion, to me, is like a conviction or a belief. It can't technically be wrong because it's a belief and not a fact. However, that would mean, it can't technically be right because...this line of logic states that an opinion, unlike fact, is not subject to determination of veracity. However, an opinion can be based on untrue fact or fact that has more evidence to the contrary, making the opinion seem unsubstantiated. Then again...it's a belief and the question arises...does it have to be?

And before anybody else touches on religion, let me summarize the possible responses really quick:
Original comment: Do beliefs have to be substantiated?
Comment Blue: I believe in God, and I can't see God but I know He's there.
Comment Green: No because people who believe in God don't always believe in evolution and evolution exists.
Comment Purple: OMG ANOTHER KGP THREAD.
Comment Indigo: Religion is inherently flawed. It is heroin for sheep.
Comment Sunshine: Lolz. Heroin.
Comment Tangerine: God doesn't exist. Only Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson does.
Or Stephen Hawking.
(I don't know, take your pick; I've been watching a lot of NDT lately but you can't forget Hawking)

...The reason for this summary was to emphasize the point that my question was a rhetoric and does not require resurfacing of previous threads, however each individual may proceed as they wish.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 03-30-2010 at 09:46 PM   #77
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

cibc bank
Old 03-30-2010 at 10:11 PM   #78
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

-lets keep this thread on track about summer plans, not credit cards-

~*Sara*~ says thanks to manu for this post.
Old 03-30-2010 at 10:14 PM   #79
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Anyways, my list:

-work a dead end job that will add to my list of reasons of why I hate people
-do a lot of illegal things
-bungee jump
-skydive if I can rack up the monies
-summer school
-chill out in forests/nature-y places. ;D
-guitar

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Quester likes this.
Old 03-30-2010 at 10:38 PM   #80
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Sc2!!
Old 04-01-2010 at 05:22 PM   #81
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
Maybe. It was my first Pokemon game since Crystal, so all the new content was definitely worth it for me. My friend said if you already have Platinum there isn't much point, just easier access to a few Pokemon, and apparently easier breeding. Although now getting it has gotten me back into Pokemon and I might pick up Platinum anyway...
http://www.awkwardzombie.com /comic1.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
I'm trying to land a summer job, but I've been rejected everywhere I've applied so far, so things don't look very good.

Not just that, money's extremely short in the family, and I'm left to fend for myself next year. I don't think OSAP will give me a bigger loan because I'm not from Ontario.
Other provinces have similar loan systems, so if you can`t get OSAP why not try the equivalent ones from where you are from.

A possible idea you may want to consider is to apply for scholarshops and bursaries all summer. If you can't find a job (and thus otherwise have a lot of freee time) you have nothing to lose by applying left, right and center. I`m basing that on this article: http://talentegg.ca/incubator/2009/0...r-job-instead/

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 04-01-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Marlowe likes this.
Old 04-01-2010
andrew22
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-01-2010
andrew22
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-02-2010 at 08:37 PM   #82
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Man, that's so true. I've haven't lol'd that hard in a long time.
Old 04-03-2010 at 05:52 PM   #83
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

i replayed pokemon blue during march break lol but with an emulator so i can go 1000x faster
Old 04-03-2010 at 07:27 PM   #84
killza

Liked: 105 Times

1. get a 6 pack
2. bench 150% of my weight
3. run 400m in ~50 seconds
4. do well in summer school
5. spend the good weather days outside
6. be sane about being single
7. don't use substances to relieve my stress
8. learn to cook some good food
9. make lots and lots of origami
10. read more books
Old 04-03-2010 at 07:52 PM   #85
Yummi

Liked: 3 Times

1. fap
2. fap more
3. pokemon

Last edited by Yummi : 04-03-2010 at 08:00 PM.

BlakeM likes this.
Old 04-03-2010 at 08:11 PM   #86
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummi View Post
1. fap
2. fap more
3. pokemon
Sounds like a plan. lol