MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
2010-2011 Booklist carrka MacInsiders Announcements 27 08-13-2010 11:33 AM
Biopharm 2010-2011 rakhrans Academics 62 06-17-2010 11:58 PM
First SRA Meeting of 2010/2011 huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 19 04-13-2010 04:20 PM
Frontline Editors 2010-2011 Omega_X13 MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-05-2010 06:20 AM
Volunteer for SHEC 2010-2011 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-02-2010 12:46 PM

Your 2010-2011 SRA is...

Old 03-13-2010 at 05:23 PM   #45
conster

Liked: 9 Times
Matt, you have a future in government or air travel. Market that bilingualism.

Old 03-13-2010 at 05:27 PM   #46
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Poor Huzzie. Always getting cut up, but never gets to use his pocketknife to cut others.

xo.monica likes this.

Old 03-13-2010 at 06:10 PM   #47
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
That is all.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 03-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.

xo.monica likes this.

Old 03-13-2010 at 06:52 PM   #48
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.erl View Post
If we seriously are going to debate this, I'm going to need better counter-arguments than "how do you know?"
(edited): I thought you were on the SRA. Apparently not, so let's pretend that this discourse didn't occur.

Last edited by Mahratta : 03-13-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Old 03-13-2010 at 06:56 PM   #49
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
We're not debating anything. You're on the SRA, so I'm just asking questions. I just want satisfactory answers, that's all.
Chris Erl is not on the SRA, he is just someone who has an interest in politics in general and was just posting his opinion as a observer of the recently concluded SRA election.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 03-13-2010 at 07:44 PM   #50
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Chris Erl is not on the SRA, he is just someone who has an interest in politics in general and was just posting his opinion as a observer of the recently concluded SRA election.
From the slogans, I kind of assumed he was

I edited my post.

Old 03-13-2010 at 09:47 PM   #51
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times
I really like how Huzzie wrote me a disclaimer and how you thought I was actually on the SRA! Epic win x2.

FAST FACT: I was actually defeated by Matt in the October by-election, 51 to 14.

Also, pretending discourses never occur is a hobby of mine

Old 03-14-2010 at 04:00 AM   #52
Behdad

Liked: 1 Time
Hey all, this is my first post on this thing for a while. I used this forum only a couple of times previously. Btw: I'm Hadi Behdad, 1 of the SOC SCI SRA electee.

Thanks to the people that voted for me, if any of you, here did. With my knowledge about SRA elections, I can state that most of the time it's the people that put in the most work that get the best results. Posters, class announcements, t-shirts and etc is important, but networking and talking to peers is very efficient. Sometimes it comes down to popularity and personality. Regardless, I want to congradulate all the new candidates and thank the previous one's for all their hard work.

In my opinion, the SRA needs more cohesion and committment. I can hardly say anything because I haven't sat through any of these long meetings that representatives speak about, but no matter what you do, you have to give it your all. That's my motive and that's my plan. If people don't know what the SRA is or does, then it is our job to make it known. Of course, it's always easier said than done, but then again you have to at least try.

With regards to new faces on the Soc Sci SRA, I would say that the new group is very passionate. Doesn't matter what they think they can accomplish or know, when your on an assembly everyone needs to work together. Anyways, that was my little intro to this forum.

I hope I can meet some of you in person, 1 of the reasons I don't use forums is because everything is behind the monitor and I'm a more face-to-face person. Although its clear I've met some of you already. Anyway, if you want to discuss anything with me, my e-mail is [email protected] and you can message me on Facebook.

Regards,
Hadi Behdad

lorend says thanks to Behdad for this post.

McIntyre likes this.

Old 03-14-2010 at 12:00 PM   #53
james2255
Faculty Society VP

Liked: 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
The whole "What is the SRA? What do they do and Why does it matter?" question is something that I think needs to become a focus for the SRA. Yes we should be happy that participation is on the rise....but its still pitiful and quite honestly its understandable. We lack a direction.

'For students' is a nice thought but what does this mean? Ask 50 students what the sra is/ and what they do and you will get 50 different response, and a lot of them saying .....I don't know. This must become the central focus of the SRA. If addressed properly it could change the perception of student government within this school and establish some relevancy. That's why when I hear students say "our student government sucks" or that its "pointless" I don't get angry, offended or even laugh it off. Ignoring or attacking a students perspective accomplishes nothing. How are we (SRA) ever going to help students through projects and initiatives if we aren't listening to the overwhelming response that they don't know Who we are, What we do and Why we matter?

There is a lot of untapped potential in our student government, but a direction needs to be set in order for it to flourish.

This is why I am excited and pleased to be part of the new team. I hope to provide value to the MSU by focusing my efforts and experience with strategic frameworks and alignment.

McIntyre likes this.

Old 03-14-2010 at 02:34 PM   #54
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times
Or we could just run our government like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo

Alvand likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search