MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
1280's New logo jeffgreen General Discussion 316 09-03-2009 07:41 AM
University Logo Discussion temara.brown General Discussion 26 08-05-2009 01:18 PM
1280's New Logo Revealed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-30-2009 02:24 PM
Welcome Week Logo Contest! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 05-14-2008 09:38 AM
Open Election Forum on Discussion Gets Heated Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-04-2008 10:11 AM

1280's New Logo Discussion Gets Heated

Old 08-01-2009 at 03:31 PM   #30
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
BUT DO IT ON THE MSU WEBSITE. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DO NOT READ MACINSIDERS, NOR DO THEY TRY AND CONTACT PEOPLE FROM THESE THREADS. BY USING THE MSU WEBSITE, YOU WILL SEE RESULTS FASTER AND MORE ACCURATELY.
Corporations do not use their own website to host discussions about their operations. No other Student Union does it. Why is the MSU website being turned into the swiss army knife of MSU communications?

The MSU website should serve to inform the students about the organization, its departments, its opportunities etc. Not be a place where I go to ***** about the latest stupid thing Caterine has done, or whatnot.

MacInsiders is a third party, and one that has no vested interests in the MSU. They do not censor me (unless I'm being offensive).

Also, the President's job is to stay in touch with the students. He should be using MacInsiders in the same way that you do. The VPs do have their own work to do.

I don't agree with the MSU website tactics, and my arguments are VERY well known within the MSU. I personally am not moving anything from MacInsiders, and do not expect anyone else plans to as well.

Last edited by Chad : 08-02-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: TOS guidelines

scott000 says thanks to deadpool for this post.

huzaifa47 likes this.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:01 PM   #31
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times
If I were in a position of higher power, such as the board of directors, I would be on MacInsiders... but that's me. Sometimes we all have to swallow our pride and play by the rules if we want our voices heard.

http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com...opic.php?id=30

I would love to see MacInsiders viewed as the ultimate forum for McMaster students, but unfortunately not everyone shares this optimism. I must again stress that if you want someone to read your comments, they would be best received through the MSU forums.

Taunton says thanks to Matt Wright for this post.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:20 PM   #32
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
Let's see, what would be more realistic:

Option A: 6500 registered users, many of which who are active, moving to the *official* MSU forum where things can be easily censored

OR

Option B: the (7?) BoD members registering on the forum.

scott000 likes this.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:23 PM   #33
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Option B is actually even easier. The three VPs have accounts here and Caterine & Richardson used to be quite prolific posters before they took office. (AndrewC and Kaeso Publius)

huzaifa47 likes this.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:23 PM   #34
Alex McColl

Liked: 11 Times
Me thinks the MSU wants Chad's add revenue.

Old 08-01-2009 at 04:25 PM   #35
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
nvm, misread.

Old 08-01-2009
Matt Wright
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-01-2009
deadpool
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-01-2009 at 10:28 PM   #36
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
BUT DO IT ON THE MSU WEBSITE. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DO NOT READ MACINSIDERS, NOR DO THEY TRY AND CONTACT PEOPLE FROM THESE THREADS. BY USING THE MSU WEBSITE, YOU WILL SEE RESULTS FASTER AND MORE ACCURATELY.
I'm just curious... are the BoD checking the MSU forum with all the activity it's seeing?

All joking aside, I think it would be great if we could get this new MSU forum going... I just think it's a giant waste of effort if we could work out some kind of cooperation with MacInsiders.

Old 08-02-2009 at 01:21 PM   #37
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
This thread has been closed. Discussions outside of 1280's logo can be started as new threads. Discussion on the 1280 logo (and only discussions about the logo) can be continued in the 1280 Logo thread. Discussions about what you'd like to see out of the 1280 restaurant can be posted in this thread.

The resume padding discussion has been moved to a separate thread: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2268 1

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search