MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
First Year Business! Danno Introduce Yourself 4 08-24-2010 02:01 PM
Business first year DilC First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-14-2010 07:06 AM
Business I electives Ruxy91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-05-2009 12:07 PM
questions about electives for business leve 1 maren3614 Academics 2 06-27-2008 08:49 AM

2nd Year Business Electives

Old 05-30-2010 at 07:01 AM   #1
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

2nd Year Business Electives
I will be in 2nd year business next year and will have one elective to pick. I already looked through the 2nd year course list, but had no idea what to pick as an elective. Since 2nd year in business will have a much heavier coursework than 1st year (so I've been told), I am looking for an elective that isn't time consuming and has none to minimal writing because I spend a lot of time at writing.

Could you please suggest me some electives?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2010 at 04:03 PM   #2
vannasty

Liked: 5 Times

I have the same question...does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:40 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I don't understand why people ask these questions. How is anyone supposed to answer them?

What do you like? What do you find easy? What do you excel at? If you can answer one of these questions with a/an subject/area, then you should take a course related to that. Why? Because you'll have your hands full in 2nd year.

If I could change the past, I would have taken a language or that 1st year multimedia class.

And if you're looking for a "bird" course... I just don't understand the point of spending 625 dollars on a course just because it's "easy." But that's a whole other argument.

Take something you enjoy or something that you find interesting. It's as simple as that.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 05-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:42 PM   #4
vannasty

I excel in courses that involve minimal amounts of writing. Which multimedia course are you referring to?
Old 05-30-2010 at 05:43 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I think it's 1b03?
I hear it's like, a basic photoshop course.

Old 05-30-2010 at 05:46 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Are you BAD at writing or do you just spend a lot of time on it?

Because I'm not bad at writing (I just dislike it), and I rather enjoyed History of the Greeks and Romans (Classics 1m03?)

I mean, you get plenty of time to write things. If it's a matter of like vs how good you are, I'd take a writing class if you like it.

Old 05-30-2010 at 06:21 PM   #7
vannasty

I'm good at it, but it takes up all the time that I need for studying other courses. I am also good with photoshop though, so I might look into multimedia. Do you know if its difficult to get a high grade in multimedia?
Old 05-30-2010 at 06:23 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

No idea, never took it and never known anyone who's taken it (except for sew12 on this site, I think). Maybe send her a PM?

Old 05-30-2010 at 09:23 PM   #9
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I don't understand why people ask these questions. How is anyone supposed to answer them?

What do you like? What do you find easy? What do you excel at? If you can answer one of these questions with a/an subject/area, then you should take a course related to that. Why? Because you'll have your hands full in 2nd year.

If I could change the past, I would have taken a language or that 1st year multimedia class.

And if you're looking for a "bird" course... I just don't understand the point of spending 625 dollars on a course just because it's "easy." But that's a whole other argument.

Take something you enjoy or something that you find interesting. It's as simple as that.
By paying some attention to the details of the OP's question, maybe.
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:26 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Oh wow, a course with minimal writing. That just leaves half of them.

What are we supposed to do, recommend EVERY SINGLE CLASS that doesn't have an essay? (Forgot essays, you just said writing in general).

Take a bloody math class. Question answered.

Old 05-30-2010 at 09:32 PM   #11
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Oh wow, a course with minimal writing. That just leaves half of them.

What are we supposed to do, recommend EVERY SINGLE CLASS that doesn't have an essay? (Forgot essays, you just said writing in general).

Take a bloody math class. Question answered.
If you don't like a thread, don't bother posting. It's that simple!
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:35 PM   #12
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
If you don't like a thread, don't bother posting. It's that simple!
You REALLY dont know Lawley.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:36 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

You asked a question, I answered. Lmao. Being told not to post on a thread is like having a target on your forehead and asking not to be shot. Don't be silly.

By your very comment, time consuming is subjective. You take a long time to write. Other people might not. Is every single person on this forum supposed to recommend every class that they personally haven't found time consuming?

Next thing you'll be asking for the "easy" classes. And as far as that goes, first year econ was supposed to be a joke this year and from this forum alone, people got raped on the exam.

(Oh, and even if we ARE, l2read. I said I'd take a language or a multimedia course if I could turn back time. Cue Cher).

Last edited by lawleypop : 05-30-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:42 PM   #14
tiger
Account Disabled by User

What I don't understand is the need for some people to be rude and get all hyped up over a question.
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:46 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

lolk.

6chars.