MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Year MedRad Student steve315 Introduce Yourself 18 09-15-2011 03:37 PM
hey, from a 2nd year MedRad chuksmcc Introduce Yourself 10 09-12-2011 08:08 PM
Clinical Placements? Linh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-18-2010 04:01 PM

2nd year MedRad Clinical

Old 08-18-2011 at 02:37 PM   #16
tazmania123

Liked: 7 Times

it's not a Co-op. it's definitely a clinical just like the ones they have for nursing, as this is a professional practice program. from what I've heard, the clinical placements are assigned all across Ontario. not sure if you pay for the clinical itself, just the living/transportation costs pertaining to your location. if there are incurring clinical costs in additional to the aforementioned ones, then i hope Osap got my back. =(

Last edited by tazmania123 : 08-18-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2011 at 04:39 PM   #17
Agni

Liked: 5 Times

So how do you select the placement for 2nd yr clinical? Is it random lottery or can you have your own input into where you want to go? Also is each placement limited to only one person?
Old 08-18-2011 at 06:02 PM   #18
Jaclyn

Liked: 1 Time

you have to pay for tuition for a semester, as well as your cost of living
Old 08-18-2011 at 06:21 PM   #19
septsweetie

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
**** the what. Just switched into medrad under the impression that because they called it CO-OP, I'd get paid. (This was in the undergraduate course calendar.) Why the **** is it called co-op if you're paying to do it? :|
they told you if you're going to second year today?
Old 08-18-2011 at 07:17 PM   #20
fragilebird

Liked: 0 Times

From what they told us in first year... We get a list of all the hospitals that are offering a clinical placement for your specialization( ultrasound, rad therapy, or radiography) the placements for each hospital are limited but you get to pick your top 5 hospitals or clinics (or top 3 I can't remember which one) and they try their best to place you in your top choice

Agni says thanks to fragilebird for this post.
Old 08-18-2011 at 08:55 PM   #21
Agni

Liked: 5 Times

This just shows I never payed attention in class loll