MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking 2nd year courses in 3rd or 4th year LindsayL216 Academics 2 06-06-2012 09:26 AM
Taking less courses in first year... Silver Academics 3 10-26-2011 08:32 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM
Taking first year courses John H General Discussion 13 09-10-2009 09:17 PM

2nd Year taking first year courses

Old 06-25-2012 at 02:29 PM   #1
sbrunt

Liked: 0 Times

2nd Year taking first year courses
I switched programs this year from Nursing to Social Science. I would like to do either social psychology or social work next year, however I do not have all the prerequisites. So my academic advisor told me to take a second year program (because I can't have more than 48 first year courses) and then just take the first year courses I need to get into that program. However when I go onto solar to pick the courses I need it says they are all full. Will more open up when solar opens for the social science students tonight, or should I contact the faculty?

The courses I need are sociol 1a06 or social work 1a06
Old 06-25-2012 at 03:04 PM   #2
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

It's best for you to contact the Sociology or Social Work departments to get into those courses. More spots will be open tonight but they will be designated for first years, seeing as you're considered a second year your designated spots are already full.
Old 06-25-2012 at 04:29 PM   #3
WalkerBlue

Liked: 73 Times

As was said, contact the department. They'll get you in the courses you need for your degree.