MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GPA for 2nd Year Engineering adame1195 General Discussion 4 01-03-2014 05:59 PM
Entering Engineering next year - QUESTIONS about first year Devine13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 03-08-2013 08:42 AM
First Year Engineering usahockey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-05-2011 01:47 PM
Commuting first year? dreamer21 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-08-2010 09:50 AM

3rd year engineering + commuting?

Old 06-08-2014 at 09:31 PM   #1
cypher

Liked: 7 Times

3rd year engineering + commuting?
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm thinking about commuting to school in September instead of living off campus. It will take about an hour to get to school.

My course load will be pretty crazy and I'll have to give up staying at the library until 3 am so...

Does anyone have any experience on how this has worked out for them?
Old 06-08-2014 at 09:38 PM   #2
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Honestly, if I've learned anything from university experience, it's that the busier you are, the more productive you will be with your time. I commute, take a full course load, and work approx 25 hrs/week, and I find that when I have very little free time, I use it wisely.
By commuting, you'll find yourself studying more, knowing that you can't waste much time because you'll have to leave campus by 9-10pm (assuming you take the train).
Old 06-08-2014 at 09:40 PM   #3
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm thinking about commuting to school in September instead of living off campus. It will take about an hour to get to school.

My course load will be pretty crazy and I'll have to give up staying at the library until 3 am so...

Does anyone have any experience on how this has worked out for them?
Its very doable!

I have to say 3rd year was my best year and I was commuting. Additionally, there are a ton in Engineers who commute. Although its a real pain when there are huge gaps b/w classes, you could always study at Thode

Never stayed in Thode passed 11; I just did most of my late night studying at home.

As the post above says "use your time wisely"

Last edited by jon.john23 : 06-08-2014 at 09:48 PM.