MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone get any updates from Mac since accepting? volsung First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-02-2011 11:26 PM
Accepting offer to mac? autman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 03-20-2011 10:44 PM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
After accepting the offer Meg543 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 04-12-2009 03:50 PM

Admission Deadline After Accepting An Offer

Old 06-26-2011 at 01:00 AM   #16
woozyking

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp15 View Post
When you get acceptance I am sure you can defer your enrollment and keep your acceptance if that is what you are asking. You wont be enrolled as a student this year, but they will save you a spot for when you do enroll I believe.
Nice. Thank you for the reply
Old 06-26-2011 at 01:01 AM   #17
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp15 View Post
When you get acceptance I am sure you can defer your enrollment and keep your acceptance if that is what you are asking. You wont be enrolled as a student this year, but they will save you a spot for when you do enroll I believe.
im pretty sure it would be completely different for international students
Old 06-26-2011 at 01:48 AM   #18
woozyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
im pretty sure it would be completely different for international students
How so? Anyways, thank you all for the reply, lemme get the "official" reply on this one and will update the thread for future reference
Old 06-26-2011 at 01:54 AM   #19
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Dude, I didn't go through the whole thread, but what I think you mean is, deferring the admission offer, which is definitely possible. If you have enough guts, you can come in the middle of the year, too.

EDIT:

Yes, you can defer your admission. I did mine, and I came the next year instead of the year I applied to. It's no problem, I don't think they charge any extraneous fees or whatever.

I talked to an academic advisor about joining in Term 2 (because some universities do do that, Mac doesn't), and she said I could technically do that, but then would have to make up my courses in the summer. So if your friend's going to get their permit late, that's another option they could explore.

And then...well, they could just join late. >__> It would be a big pain in the neck, but it's possible. I've heard of someone who joined nearly a month late because of the very same reason of not having the permit yet.

THAT SAID. ^^^ IS all probably useless now considering you're going to talk to the registrar anyway.

Last edited by Faer : 06-26-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2011 at 02:02 AM   #20
woozyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Dude, I didn't go through the whole thread, but what I think you mean is, deferring the admission offer, which is definitely possible. If you have enough guts, you can come in the middle of the year, too.

I can tell you more, so is that what you're looking for?
I think so, thanks. But why the "enough guts" part? Can he just delay a whole school year to enroll?
Old 06-26-2011 at 03:11 AM   #21
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozyking View Post
I think so, thanks. But why the "enough guts" part? Can he just delay a whole school year to enroll?
Oh, he can. Definitely. I was just saying in case he didn't want to wait an year and just wanted to join as soon as possible. Enough guts meaning you'd have to take only Term 2 courses and be prepared to be new when everyone's already used to stuff and...yeah.
Old 06-26-2011 at 06:42 AM   #22
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

While I haven't seen if anyone has mentioned it. If it will take more than two to three weeks into September to obtained a student visa or study permit, I would defer admission. Usually it is one whole year but they might get lucky and do it by one semester although courses available will be limited and tricky to plan everything out depending on what they are going into.
Old 06-26-2011 at 06:54 AM   #23
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Usually it is one whole year but they might get lucky and do it by one semester although courses available will be limited and tricky to plan everything out depending on what they are going into.
If he plans to do it in the second term, then he wouldn't deger admission. During course selection he would have to select ONLY the courses offered in the second term, and take all others in summer term. However, you're right, it's very tricky, and unless he is desperate not to spend a whole year out of uni, I would recommend deferring the year instead of joining late.
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:56 AM   #24
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

If your friend was offered admission for September 2011, he has to pay tuition and register for courses for September 2011. If he doesn't, his offer will no longer stand. When your friend applied, he chose the term and year he wanted to be accepted. If he chooses not to go at that time, the offer is void.

He can talk to someone at the Registrar's Office to defer his offer to another term or year. But he can't simply not pay and choose to come later. He has to talk to someone before September 2011.

L'Étoile likes this.