MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Printers Allowed in Dorms? Woohoo92 Residence & Housing 9 08-19-2010 07:04 PM
no modification allowed for certain course? hilaryn Academics 6 08-11-2010 12:11 PM
Number of people allowed in a course Kira Academics 7 06-13-2010 11:17 PM
skateboards allowed? neff First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-27-2008 08:12 PM
Electric Kettle in rez allowed? kenvin100 Residence & Housing 15 08-27-2008 08:06 AM

Is this allowed?

Old 04-02-2010 at 08:11 PM   #31
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
What about this?:http://workforstudents.com/cap

I found an ad posted up (yellow one) and it looks like every other cookie-cutter out-of-the-box scam ive seen on campus(?)..
Hahahaha.... I had an interview with them two summers ago. I wasn't serious about taking the job because it seemed really fishy right from the start, but I went into the interview anyway for a sheer lack of anything better to do.

It was in a tiny apartment (the kind that's over a store on the ground floor) that was dark and had weird stains on the carpet and smelled like old food. Every wall was covered with posters of people talking about how much money they made, and how many scholarships they received and how many life skills they developed.

Turned out the job involved selling knives door to door. You know those annoying informercials you see, about wonder knives, that can cut cleanly through strawberries and steel alike? the job involved demonstrating that to as many people as possible, there was no hourly pay, you basically got paid if you got an appointment.

It was a group interview, so I excused myself about fifteen minutes in and didn't come back. They called about four times after to see if I still wanted the job. I don't think they get many applicants

Awful. Don't do it.
Old 04-03-2010 at 09:08 AM   #32
james2255
Faculty Society VP

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
And those floor rentals, once the MSU has prepared their consolidated financial statements, appear as revenue at 50% of the total amount charged to Spring Masters (assuming your 50/50 breakdown is correct). So, they pretty much directly get something from Spring Masters.
It's not owned 50% in terms of equity, which is why it won't appear under consolidation. It's more of a management contract (seats on the board of management etc) with equity ownership from the University.

Which is why Huzaifa is correct in terms we won't see any revenue coming in from the MUSC.

--
James Steels
Chief Financial Officer
DeGroote Commerce Society

SRA Commerce
McMaster Students Union Inc.

sniderj says thanks to james2255 for this post.
Old 04-03-2010 at 12:10 PM   #33
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2255 View Post
It's not owned 50% in terms of equity, which is why it won't appear under consolidation. It's more of a management contract (seats on the board of management etc) with equity ownership from the University.

Which is why Huzaifa is correct in terms we won't see any revenue coming in from the MUSC.

--
James Steels
Chief Financial Officer
DeGroote Commerce Society

SRA Commerce
McMaster Students Union Inc.
Fair enough. I assumed he was referring to an equity breakdown. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2010 at 06:36 PM   #34
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

I just saw the ad on Facebook 2 minutes ago. I think the OPR needs to break some knee caps.

micadjems likes this.