MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy 3rd year science courses zemianr Academics 8 05-22-2010 04:42 PM
Easy Courses Dgot11 General Discussion 10 08-11-2009 10:44 AM
Summer School First Year Easy Courses Richa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-24-2009 01:27 PM
Easy courses abounac Academics 15 03-31-2009 07:12 PM
Easy 1st year courses for Summer School jstansfi Academics 5 02-23-2009 10:39 PM

Any 'easy' 3rd year courses?

Old 07-04-2011 at 10:54 PM   #1
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Any 'easy' 3rd year courses?
Open/bird/easy..any 3rd year course suitable to take as an elective (and of course one that would offer a good mark 10-12 with fair efforts)

Note: Good at writing, no issues with essays

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2011 at 11:07 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

That's pretty vague.. What faculty are you in or interested in exactly?
Old 07-05-2011 at 08:47 AM   #3
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Please for the love of god (or whatever deity you may enjoy the company of) take a course you're interested in and not one you think you'll get a 10 in. I made that mistake countless times in the first 2.5 years of me being here. I worked my ass off last semester taking Origins classes and trying to keep up, and yes, I didn't get a 10, but it was the most rewarding experience of my career here.

It drives me nuts when people ask for bird courses like Gemstones and Water and then they complain the whole time while they're in them like they've wasted their money, and blah blah blah.

It's your choice, but I'm just looking out for the part of your brain that would like to be more awesome with knowledge, and not taking crap courses that are "easy".

Origins of Spacetime blew my mind beyond repair, for what it's worth. Best course of all time.

Old 07-05-2011 at 11:20 AM   #4
albalks

Liked: 16 Times

Well, you can take a class that's easy/ moderate in difficulty and it can still be interesting. You don't have to sacrifice interest.

I've heard mixed reviews about water. Some people say it's really boring but I also have friends who loved it mainly because they learned about fresh water crisis etc.

I would highly recommend Geo 3HH3. I absolutely loved it. The material was really interesting and I got a 12.

Maybe look into doing a placement like Science 3EP3. If you have a good supervisor and you do the work, I'm sure u'll end up doing well.

Some other suggestions:

Life Science 3A03, 3C03 - moderate difficulty, really interesting
I heard nucleus (bio) was a good class ( an 11 is doable)

Maybe look into some history or sociology courses. Also, I took a health and aging courses (2G03). I found it really interesting, and I ended up doing well. Look up other health and aging classes and check out the reviews sections here on macinsiders.

Also, I loved taking music classes and you can do well in them too.
Old 07-05-2011 at 01:52 PM   #5
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
Please for the love of god (or whatever deity you may enjoy the company of) take a course you're interested in and not one you think you'll get a 10 in. I made that mistake countless times in the first 2.5 years of me being here. I worked my ass off last semester taking Origins classes and trying to keep up, and yes, I didn't get a 10, but it was the most rewarding experience of my career here.

It drives me nuts when people ask for bird courses like Gemstones and Water and then they complain the whole time while they're in them like they've wasted their money, and blah blah blah.

It's your choice, but I'm just looking out for the part of your brain that would like to be more awesome with knowledge, and not taking crap courses that are "easy".

Origins of Spacetime blew my mind beyond repair, for what it's worth. Best course of all time.
Did you take ASTRON 2B03? If so, how did you find it? I'm really interested in the space/time stuff, but I hear that the tutorials can really get to you because they're so subjective. Right now I'm debating between this course and PSYCH 2B03
Old 07-05-2011 at 02:17 PM   #6
karna

Liked: 28 Times

env sci 3cc3. bernier is teaching it, so should be easy
env sci 3ee3. padden is teaching it, so should be easy
other courses: kin 3ss3, life sci 3a03, biochem 3g03, bio 3ss3,
Old 07-05-2011 at 02:53 PM   #7
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Thanks to all those who replied and provided suggestions.
Old 07-05-2011 at 03:30 PM   #8
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Did you take ASTRON 2B03? If so, how did you find it? I'm really interested in the space/time stuff, but I hear that the tutorials can really get to you because they're so subjective. Right now I'm debating between this course and PSYCH 2B03
I'm in Astronomy 2B03 this year. So excited. I haven't taken it, but I've heard really good things about it. It's exactly what I'm talking about. It's intellectually stimulating, and while it is quite subjective, I don't think the course it toooooo heavily weighted on being right.